Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

KOA / Kona Keahole - LAX direct flights on AA discontinued?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar

Hi all,

I need to book a KOA - LAX for 2 months away.
It seems like this route 'direct' has been cancelled (but still viewable in google flights)
Should I assume based on the time tables for next week that my most likely best option is to go indirect via HNL?

Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yes, according to some tidbits posted in the past week, LAX-HNL is the only AA metal LAX to Hawaii flight operating in the short term.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes, according to some tidbits posted in the past week, LAX-HNL is the only AA metal LAX to Hawaii flight operating in the short term.
Thanks!!
Good to know
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, not enough people want to put up with a 2 week quarantine... I suspect the only people going to Hawaii have to be there, or are returning home after having been to the mainland.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
You need to do a search for 2 months away instead of today. You will see a different result!

Of course those flights will likely be canceled if the 2 week quarantine persists at that time.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
You need to do a search for 2 months away instead of today. You will see a different result!

Of course those flights will likely be canceled if the 2 week quarantine persists at that time.
Exactly and AA is making changes even as late as 2 weeks before departure. I'm flying in 10 days and they cancelled my JFK LAX flight and rebooked me on an earlier flight I'm not thrilled about but it is the only way to get F on a 3-class A321T.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.