Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Way to HNL in Business: via DFW or ORD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Way to HNL in Business: via DFW or ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:03 pm
J S

I would pick entirely on price. I would bet that your flights will be cancelled or dramatically rescheduled between now and then, which will give you the opportunity to switch to another flight.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by J S
I would pick entirely on price. I would bet that your flights will be cancelled or dramatically rescheduled between now and then, which will give you the opportunity to switch to another flight.
This is an interesting idea. Looking at award pricing, there are some great deals to Hawaii next year, but usually not on widebodies (most of the best deals connect through LAX or PHX on A321s). Perhaps book one of these and look to switch to a flight through DFW if/when stuff gets canceled/rescheduled?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
I'm not sure I agree. DFW is THE AA hub, and AA has been steadily building it up into a one stop shop like ATL. During the pandmic, DFW has also been the busiest airport.

LAX-HNL is an extremely competitive market, with every single carrier basically on it. AA does not have the yield control they have at DFW.
​​​​​
And, yet, the ONE AA flights to Hawaii that was operated at the beginning of the pandemic was LAX-HNL! The economics of DFW-HNL hinges on having relatively high paying connecting passengers to Hawaii due to the need for a widebody aircraft.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by formeraa
And, yet, the ONE AA flights to Hawaii that was operated at the beginning of the pandemic was LAX-HNL! The economics of DFW-HNL hinges on having relatively high paying connecting passengers to Hawaii due to the need for a widebody aircraft.
LAX was still an AA hub back then. That's not the same now.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.