AA CLE GM fired for Security Violation

Old Jul 22, 20, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
AA CLE GM fired for Security Violation

The AA CLE Airport General Manager was fired he was caught by passing security using a airport door to board a flight. He also got in hot water before allowing someone to by pass security same way to get him his charger. The airport is also in trouble by TSA for allowing this to happen. I won’t name him but shame on him we all remember PSA 1771.
Old Jul 22, 20, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Idiot.

The wonderful thing about living in a democracy is that if you don't like laws or rules, you can move to change them. You don't just willy-nilly do whatever you want.
Old Jul 22, 20, 8:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer View Post
...we all remember PSA 1771.
No, I'm guessing less than 5% of FT remembers PSA 1771.
Old Jul 22, 20, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
No, I'm guessing less than 5% of FT remembers PSA 1771.
I don't even recall having heard about it before now ; just had to search for it on google and even seein details didnt jog any memories - I suspect that your percentage is closer to accurate than the 100% suggested
Admiral Ackbar and mcgahat like this.
Old Jul 22, 20, 10:14 pm

I guess I'm not 100% sure what the deal is I never did the SIDA badge thing but maybe theres rules against personal use I always just used KCM or used my work badge to skip. Security is all theater anyway so doesn't really bother me if someone went through ops or whatever.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 22, 20, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Falconkidding View Post
I guess I'm not 100% sure what the deal is I never did the SIDA badge thing but maybe theres rules against personal use I always just used KCM or used my work badge to skip. Security is all theater anyway so doesn't really bother me if someone went through ops or whatever.
Using KCM or a SIDA isn't allowed when entering for personal travel.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 23, 20, 1:07 am
C46

Even at the European airports I worked at, using the staff entry for personal travel was not legal - and here even the staff has to go through a security checkpoint.
And especially LHR-staff search was STRICT! The same LAG-rules, as for pax, were applied; as other countries allowed you to take e.g. large bottles of beverages with you.

But I've seen people do that many, MANY times...!
Old Jul 23, 20, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Falconkidding View Post
This sounds like a great way to get fired and/or end up in jail.
Old Jul 23, 20, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
And yet this is not the only time this kind of thing has been done for personal travel.
Old Jul 23, 20, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, DL Plat, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
KCM is 100% allowed for domestic personal travel. SIDA is not.
Old Jul 23, 20, 6:43 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Actually, you can use KCM for personal travel, I do all the time.
Old Jul 23, 20, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
SIDA badges 100% can't be used to bypass security before boarding a flight. Even if you are working before the flight you need to exit landside and clear security. Its a major point and if you get caught its inexcusable.
Old Jul 23, 20, 8:40 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
The wonderful thing about living in a democracy is that if you don't like laws or rules, you can move to change them. You don't just willy-nilly do whatever you want.
What the heck does this have to do with to do with anything and why the need to make this in to some kind of political issue about "democracy"? Employees do stupid stuff in violation of company policies all the time and get fired for it, at companies of all sizes all around the country. I'm not sure how an employee doing stupid stuff makes this into a political issue. Not everything is political.
GrumpyYoungMan and AAway like this.
Old Jul 23, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq View Post
What the heck does this have to do with to do with anything and why the need to make this in to some kind of political issue about "democracy"? Employees do stupid stuff in violation of company policies all the time and get fired for it, at companies of all sizes all around the country. I'm not sure how an employee doing stupid stuff makes this into a political issue. Not everything is political.
Exactly. People get (rightfully) fired for this all the time. Usually your airport badge gets taken away so even if your company did not want to fire you, they have to because you literally cannot do your job without a badge.
Old Jul 23, 20, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq View Post
Its not politics. It's saying, don't like rules, go get them changed.

Don't choose to disregard them just because you think they're dumb or unnecessary or don't apply to you.
​​​​​​
Dont read into it too much. It was just a comment of annoyance at someone who should know better brazenly acting above the law.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: