FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA CLE GM fired for Security Violation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2022117-aa-cle-gm-fired-security-violation.html)

buckeyefanflyer Jul 22, 2020 4:46 pm

AA CLE GM fired for Security Violation

The AA CLE Airport General Manager was fired he was caught by passing security using a airport door to board a flight. He also got in hot water before allowing someone to by pass security same way to get him his charger. The airport is also in trouble by TSA for allowing this to happen. I won’t name him but shame on him we all remember PSA 1771.

Antarius Jul 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Idiot.

The wonderful thing about living in a democracy is that if you don't like laws or rules, you can move to change them. You don't just willy-nilly do whatever you want.

Herb687 Jul 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer (Post 32551577)
...we all remember PSA 1771.

No, I'm guessing less than 5% of FT remembers PSA 1771.

Dave Noble Jul 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 32551899)
No, I'm guessing less than 5% of FT remembers PSA 1771.

I don't even recall having heard about it before now ; just had to search for it on google and even seein details didnt jog any memories - I suspect that your percentage is closer to accurate than the 100% suggested

Falconkidding Jul 22, 2020 10:14 pm

I guess I'm not 100% sure what the deal is I never did the SIDA badge thing but maybe theres rules against personal use I always just used KCM or used my work badge to skip. Security is all theater anyway so doesn't really bother me if someone went through ops or whatever.

flyerCO Jul 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Falconkidding (Post 32552074)
I guess I'm not 100% sure what the deal is I never did the SIDA badge thing but maybe theres rules against personal use I always just used KCM or used my work badge to skip. Security is all theater anyway so doesn't really bother me if someone went through ops or whatever.

Using KCM or a SIDA isn't allowed when entering for personal travel.

C46 Jul 23, 2020 1:07 am

Even at the European airports I worked at, using the staff entry for personal travel was not legal - and here even the staff has to go through a security checkpoint.
And especially LHR-staff search was STRICT! The same LAG-rules, as for pax, were applied; as other countries allowed you to take e.g. large bottles of beverages with you.

But I've seen people do that many, MANY times...!

largeeyes Jul 23, 2020 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Falconkidding (Post 32552074)

This sounds like a great way to get fired and/or end up in jail.

GUWonder Jul 23, 2020 5:39 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 32552081)

And yet this is not the only time this kind of thing has been done for personal travel.

nachosdelux Jul 23, 2020 5:44 am

KCM is 100% allowed for domestic personal travel. SIDA is not.

757FO Jul 23, 2020 6:43 am

Actually, you can use KCM for personal travel, I do all the time.

HGHUA Jul 23, 2020 8:38 am

SIDA badges 100% can't be used to bypass security before boarding a flight. Even if you are working before the flight you need to exit landside and clear security. Its a major point and if you get caught its inexcusable.

LAX_Esq Jul 23, 2020 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 32551593)
The wonderful thing about living in a democracy is that if you don't like laws or rules, you can move to change them. You don't just willy-nilly do whatever you want.

What the heck does this have to do with to do with anything and why the need to make this in to some kind of political issue about "democracy"? Employees do stupid stuff in violation of company policies all the time and get fired for it, at companies of all sizes all around the country. I'm not sure how an employee doing stupid stuff makes this into a political issue. Not everything is political.

dls25 Jul 23, 2020 9:23 am

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq (Post 32553008)
What the heck does this have to do with to do with anything and why the need to make this in to some kind of political issue about "democracy"? Employees do stupid stuff in violation of company policies all the time and get fired for it, at companies of all sizes all around the country. I'm not sure how an employee doing stupid stuff makes this into a political issue. Not everything is political.

Exactly. People get (rightfully) fired for this all the time. Usually your airport badge gets taken away so even if your company did not want to fire you, they have to because you literally cannot do your job without a badge.

Antarius Jul 23, 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq (Post 32553008)

Its not politics. It's saying, don't like rules, go get them changed.

Don't choose to disregard them just because you think they're dumb or unnecessary or don't apply to you.
​​​​​​
Dont read into it too much. It was just a comment of annoyance at someone who should know better brazenly acting above the law.