Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
American Airlines announced a new “strategic partnership” including codesharing on some routes in July 2020. In January 2021, several other enhancements to this partnership were announced, including:

”Important components of the alliance will be introduced starting in the first quarter of 2021 and phased in over the course of the year:

• Seamless customer experience
    With each element of the alliance, customers flying in and out of New York and Boston will enjoy a more seamless experience across both airlines, including the ability to book a single itinerary on either website, access to the alliance’s significant global network, convenient connections, access to loyalty benefits and an improved on-the-ground experience — resulting in a compelling proposition for both leisure and corporate customers.
  • Network alignment in the Northeast
    The alliance will offer customers the largest network in New York City and Boston, and it will enable new strategic growth opportunities for both airlines, accelerate the replacement of small regional jets with larger aircraft, while greatly expanding the connectivity between each carrier’s network in the Northeast. American will upgauge aircraft and by the end of 2021 will operate all service out of New York with first class. Starting in the first half of 2021, JetBlue and American schedules in New York and Boston will begin to be aligned to give customers new flight options, with improved schedules, better connections, competitive fares and access to more domestic and international destinations.
  • Expanded service in the Northeast
    As part of the alliance, JetBlue plans to significantly expand its service at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as further expand in other NYC airports and in Boston. The alliance will also allow JetBlue to reactivate aircraft that would otherwise sit idle. An expanded operation at LaGuardia further advances JetBlue’s position as New York’s Hometown Airline® and accelerates the airline’s ability to recover.

As previously announced, American is introducing brand new service on from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv (TLV) and Athens (ATH). American’s loyal customers in New York will be introduced to their first long-haul international service in more than four years, with even more new routes on the way.
  • Codeshare agreement
    Starting later this quarter, JetBlue will place its B6 code on a variety of American flights in New York and Boston. Likewise, American will place its AA code on select JetBlue flights also in at New York’s John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International (EWR) airports, as well as Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Flights touching New York or Boston from either JetBlue, American or connecting combinations of both will be bookable on jetblue.com and aa.com in the coming weeks. The codeshare will introduce JetBlue customers to more than 60 new routes operated by American and will introduce American’s customers to more than 130 new routes operated by JetBlue.
  • Reciprocal loyalty benefits
    Later this year, customers of both JetBlue’s TrueBlue and American’s AAdvantage® programs will be able to enjoy reciprocal benefits, including the ability to earn and/or redeem points or miles on either carrier making both loyalty program even more valuable. The airlines are also exploring opportunities to recognize JetBlue Mosaic customers and American’s AAdvantage elite members across both airlines. More details will be announced to loyalty program members later this year.“

Link to January 12, 2021, AA news release

As of Jan 31st, 2022 - Benefits typically do not show up when managing the booking and will show up when checking in online.

To receive elite benefits add your AAdvantage number at time of purchase, or contact JetBlue customer service to add it after purchase.

JetBlue Basic: AA elites still get free seat selection and a free bag on Blue Basic fares. All passengers are allowed to bring on board a personal item that fits under the seat. However you do not get to bring a free full size carry-on with Blue Basic except when you select an Even More Space seat.

AA Loyalty Points can take a week to post.

AA Link to Benefits page

Print Wikipost

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Old May 11, 2022, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Even More Space seats seem to only be offered to customers at the gate gate. Not even baggage check. The gate agent tonight from DEN-JFK said AA elite are only given a baggage benefit and a DISCOUNT on Even More Space.
The agent was correct: You get a discount of 100% on EMS seats.

I suggest just bookmarking on your phone the JetBlue webpage showing that AAdvantage elites get complimentary EMS seats. Show the page if you encounter an agent unfamiliar with the policy.

https://www.jetblue.com/airline-part...rican-airlines
seawolf, corky and hhdl like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
I try to check in online 24 hours in advance and typically have managed to snag an EMS seat.
Same here.
dls25 and FlyFreakquently like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:42 am

Would say the title is semi misleading but agree the tech side of it is annoying. Having to wait to check in at the airport is a pain.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shawn02139
I try to check in online 24 hours in advance and typically have managed to snag an EMS seat.

One other feature about B6 i really like (and wish AA would adopt) is the ability to text message with customer service. Super efficient.
UA does this too. AS as well I believe (at least they used to)

There is a chat feature in the AA app. Not quite text message but close.

l tried it once; the agent was incompetent. If you are EXP, it's definitely better to wait (if necessary) to speak to an EXP desk agent.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:45 pm

Change in status, change in FF programs

Somewhat unique scenario here. Booked a flight for myself and wife from PHL to AMS later this month using AA miles while I had Plat Pro status earlier this year. Used status to to get MCE seats. My PP status with AA has expired, however I have Mosaic status with JB. I want to have the record changed to reflect my Mosaic status because I want to be able to use the expedited check in/security lines in AMS.
I assume I can call AA and get this updated, but don't want to lose my seats that are great that I got 5 months ago. Will updating the record disturb my seats, and will changing the record to reflect Mosaic status permit me to use the expedited security lines?
TIA! Didn't see this anywhere int he thread.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
You can Twitter AA.
aj411 and Antarius like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
UA does this too. AS as well I believe (at least they used to)

There is a chat feature in the AA app. Not quite text message but close.

l tried it once; the agent was incompetent. If you are EXP, it's definitely better to wait (if necessary) to speak to an EXP desk agent.
You can also tweet. Only reason I have Twitter.

It's ideal when IRROPS happens and youre in flight. Pick new flights, send tweet and you're usually sorted before landing.

Edit : Or what seawolf said
Old May 12, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
You can also tweet. Only reason I have Twitter.

It's ideal when IRROPS happens and youre in flight. Pick new flights, send tweet and you're usually sorted before landing.

Edit : Or what seawolf said
Yeah but I'm not opening a Twitter account.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
So we are now able to select EMS seats during online check-in? It was only at the airport until fairly recently. Thank you!
Old May 12, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by JohnDCA
So we are now able to select EMS seats during online check-in? It was only at the airport until fairly recently. Thank you!
Perhaps it depends on status level? I did it on Sunday.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
<snip> goes to process and says oh it looks like you already paid for it… yea. No. You just don’t know the policy which is not brand new. Is today your first day? Sorry not sorry. Train the staff better. I passive aggressively said thanks and took my new ticket. She was so damn confident and smug until that moment when I was right.
Thanks you for this! Seriously made my day. Head-back full out laughter!

All the best, James
darkrider likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Perhaps it depends on status level? I did it on Sunday.
I think it is new. I wasn't able to do it during OLCI a few months ago as an EXP. No problems at the airport getting the seat.
Old May 13, 2022, 11:03 pm

I was able to get a extra room seat at checkin on Monday night for my Tuesday night flight, on a JetBlue reward ticket. Changed the FF to AA via twitter.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
On a mixed AA-B6 itinerary, calling into AA and getting them to transfer me yielded EMS seats just after booking. The agent was familiar with it and added the waiver in (as she said it).

Onboard, I noticed that Mosaics get complimentary beverages. I asked if AA Elites were entitled to this. Just mentioning I was EXP yielded comp beverages!

The only odd thing is that when I checked in with AA at BWI (was flying BWI-JFK-SFO), my bag tags didn’t print priority. The AA agent didn’t know why, but applied the priority tags anyway. B6 honored the AA priority tags on the belt in SFO, but my priority tags were deliberately torn off it seems.

Overall, not bad for benefits, but a lot of inconsistencies still
Old May 15, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Warning-stupid question alert!

How do I add my AA# to the B6 profile? I can see where I can change it & add it when I'm actually booking a ticket on the B6 website, but is there a way to put in the B6 profile itself? I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere & I missed it :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.