Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
American Airlines announced a new “strategic partnership” including codesharing on some routes in July 2020. In January 2021, several other enhancements to this partnership were announced, including:

”Important components of the alliance will be introduced starting in the first quarter of 2021 and phased in over the course of the year:

• Seamless customer experience
    With each element of the alliance, customers flying in and out of New York and Boston will enjoy a more seamless experience across both airlines, including the ability to book a single itinerary on either website, access to the alliance’s significant global network, convenient connections, access to loyalty benefits and an improved on-the-ground experience — resulting in a compelling proposition for both leisure and corporate customers.
  • Network alignment in the Northeast
    The alliance will offer customers the largest network in New York City and Boston, and it will enable new strategic growth opportunities for both airlines, accelerate the replacement of small regional jets with larger aircraft, while greatly expanding the connectivity between each carrier’s network in the Northeast. American will upgauge aircraft and by the end of 2021 will operate all service out of New York with first class. Starting in the first half of 2021, JetBlue and American schedules in New York and Boston will begin to be aligned to give customers new flight options, with improved schedules, better connections, competitive fares and access to more domestic and international destinations.
  • Expanded service in the Northeast
    As part of the alliance, JetBlue plans to significantly expand its service at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as further expand in other NYC airports and in Boston. The alliance will also allow JetBlue to reactivate aircraft that would otherwise sit idle. An expanded operation at LaGuardia further advances JetBlue’s position as New York’s Hometown Airline® and accelerates the airline’s ability to recover.

As previously announced, American is introducing brand new service on from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv (TLV) and Athens (ATH). American’s loyal customers in New York will be introduced to their first long-haul international service in more than four years, with even more new routes on the way.
  • Codeshare agreement
    Starting later this quarter, JetBlue will place its B6 code on a variety of American flights in New York and Boston. Likewise, American will place its AA code on select JetBlue flights also in at New York’s John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International (EWR) airports, as well as Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Flights touching New York or Boston from either JetBlue, American or connecting combinations of both will be bookable on jetblue.com and aa.com in the coming weeks. The codeshare will introduce JetBlue customers to more than 60 new routes operated by American and will introduce American’s customers to more than 130 new routes operated by JetBlue.
  • Reciprocal loyalty benefits
    Later this year, customers of both JetBlue’s TrueBlue and American’s AAdvantage® programs will be able to enjoy reciprocal benefits, including the ability to earn and/or redeem points or miles on either carrier making both loyalty program even more valuable. The airlines are also exploring opportunities to recognize JetBlue Mosaic customers and American’s AAdvantage elite members across both airlines. More details will be announced to loyalty program members later this year.“

Link to January 12, 2021, AA news release

As of Jan 31st, 2022 - Benefits typically do not show up when managing the booking and will show up when checking in online.

To receive elite benefits add your AAdvantage number at time of purchase, or contact JetBlue customer service to add it after purchase.

JetBlue Basic: AA elites still get free seat selection and a free bag on Blue Basic fares. All passengers are allowed to bring on board a personal item that fits under the seat. However you do not get to bring a free full size carry-on with Blue Basic except when you select an Even More Space seat.

AA Loyalty Points can take a week to post.

AA Link to Benefits page

Print Wikipost

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
On my first B6 flight soon (B6 ticket with AA elite number on it.). When I checked in online I noticed I was moved to an E+ seat automatically. There are plenty of regular seats available. I can’t switch to another E+ seat though without paying the standard charge. Clunky now but maybe a sign of things to come.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
On my first B6 flight soon (B6 ticket with AA elite number on it.). When I checked in online I noticed I was moved to an E+ seat automatically. There are plenty of regular seats available. I can’t switch to another E+ seat though without paying the standard charge. Clunky now but maybe a sign of things to come.
What's your AAdvantage elite tier?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
What's your AAdvantage elite tier?
EXP
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Amazing to see a carry-on is more valuable than checked bags. I had to avoid Basic Blue for this reason.

Looks like if you get an EMS seat, that does include a carry-on, but I haven't seen that option as complimentary in my case. I presume it is offered when flight is booked full.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
Did you already have a seat assignment before you were given an E+ seat?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I may have asked this before, but it appears that I am unable to book a refundable fare on an AA-coded and B6 operated flight. Only non-refundable fares are available for sale. If I want to book a refundable fare, it seems I have to book the B6 flight directly. Have other people run into this? Does anyone have any insight into it? I'm specifically looking at BOS-NYC routes.

The other thing I noticed is that AA seems to have drastically cut back on their BOS-LGA shuttle flights in favor of B6 on this route.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
Did you already have a seat assignment before you were given an E+ seat?
Yes already had a seat assignment. It was a good swap too, empty row to empty row. The swap could be unwelcome though if one finds the new seat less desirable. Would be interested to hear more field reports if this was an unexplainable one off though.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I have an upcoming flight booked on B6 (not as a codeshare) with my AA number (I'm Gold) in the reservation. It is showing my checked baggage allowance is 0 bags, both on my receipt (via corporate travel agency) and on jetblue.com.

I don't care in this case, but am sharing it as a data point.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:42 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I have an upcoming flight booked on B6 (not as a codeshare) with my AA number (I'm Gold) in the reservation. It is showing my checked baggage allowance is 0 bags, both on my receipt (via corporate travel agency) and on jetblue.com.

Please let us know at a follow up if you simply turn up at the airport and check in at the elite counter if they actually charge you for your luggage
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp

I've just experienced the same as PP when booking leisure flights directly on JetBlue.com, and I also wasn't able to select EMR seats without paying extra (though regular seats were free). My travel isn't until the holidays, but I'll call them soon and ask about EMR seats and baggage allowance.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Interesting experience this past weekend at MCO. Mrs and I traveling on a B6 award ticket. Had paid surcharge for even more space seats (group A). GA announced now boarding Mosaics and “American Airlines Elites”. This is the group before group A. We boarded with this group, and I honestly expected to be challenged as this was not booked through AA, so no way (I don’t think) they knew I was EXP, but we were passed along with a smile. Have no status on B6.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Can confirm that AA Elites (at least this Platinum member) got same day Even More Space seats for free. Upon checking in at the Mint/Mosaic desk at JFK, the agent proactively offered to move me to a EMS seat, for no charge. Checked bags were tagged with the green priority tags (checked 2 for free), and had priority boarding along with Mosaic members.

I had the entire exit row to myself, and the FA was enforcing EMS religiously, offered poachers to pay a fee to "upgrade" or go back to their original seats.

Last edited by PTahCha; Nov 9, 2021 at 9:19 am
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Can confirm that AA Elites (at least this Platinum member) get same day Even More Space seats for free. Upon checking in at the Mint/Mosaic desk at JFK, the agent proactively offered to move me to a EMS seat, for no charge. Checked bags were tagged with the green priority tags (checked 2 for free), and had priority boarding along with Mosaic members.

I had the entire exit row to myself, and the FA was enforcing EMS religiously, offered poachers to pay a fee to "upgrade" or go back to their original seats.
amazing 👏🏻
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What benefits do I get when I book a B6 marketed and AA operated flight as an EXP? (I need it specifically to spend some B6 credits and B6 doesn't fly that route)
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:37 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Martellus
What benefits do I get when I book a B6 marketed and AA operated flight as an EXP? (I need it specifically to spend some B6 credits and B6 doesn't fly that route)
You should get all of your normal AA benefits (MCE, priority boarding, 3 checked bags). The exception is that an upgrade may not clear until AA takes control of the ticket at T-24.
milypan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.