Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
American Airlines announced a new “strategic partnership” including codesharing on some routes in July 2020. In January 2021, several other enhancements to this partnership were announced, including:

”Important components of the alliance will be introduced starting in the first quarter of 2021 and phased in over the course of the year:

• Seamless customer experience
    With each element of the alliance, customers flying in and out of New York and Boston will enjoy a more seamless experience across both airlines, including the ability to book a single itinerary on either website, access to the alliance’s significant global network, convenient connections, access to loyalty benefits and an improved on-the-ground experience — resulting in a compelling proposition for both leisure and corporate customers.
  • Network alignment in the Northeast
    The alliance will offer customers the largest network in New York City and Boston, and it will enable new strategic growth opportunities for both airlines, accelerate the replacement of small regional jets with larger aircraft, while greatly expanding the connectivity between each carrier’s network in the Northeast. American will upgauge aircraft and by the end of 2021 will operate all service out of New York with first class. Starting in the first half of 2021, JetBlue and American schedules in New York and Boston will begin to be aligned to give customers new flight options, with improved schedules, better connections, competitive fares and access to more domestic and international destinations.
  • Expanded service in the Northeast
    As part of the alliance, JetBlue plans to significantly expand its service at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), as well as further expand in other NYC airports and in Boston. The alliance will also allow JetBlue to reactivate aircraft that would otherwise sit idle. An expanded operation at LaGuardia further advances JetBlue’s position as New York’s Hometown Airline® and accelerates the airline’s ability to recover.

As previously announced, American is introducing brand new service on from New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv (TLV) and Athens (ATH). American’s loyal customers in New York will be introduced to their first long-haul international service in more than four years, with even more new routes on the way.
  • Codeshare agreement
    Starting later this quarter, JetBlue will place its B6 code on a variety of American flights in New York and Boston. Likewise, American will place its AA code on select JetBlue flights also in at New York’s John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International (EWR) airports, as well as Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Flights touching New York or Boston from either JetBlue, American or connecting combinations of both will be bookable on jetblue.com and aa.com in the coming weeks. The codeshare will introduce JetBlue customers to more than 60 new routes operated by American and will introduce American’s customers to more than 130 new routes operated by JetBlue.
  • Reciprocal loyalty benefits
    Later this year, customers of both JetBlue’s TrueBlue and American’s AAdvantage® programs will be able to enjoy reciprocal benefits, including the ability to earn and/or redeem points or miles on either carrier making both loyalty program even more valuable. The airlines are also exploring opportunities to recognize JetBlue Mosaic customers and American’s AAdvantage elite members across both airlines. More details will be announced to loyalty program members later this year.“

Link to January 12, 2021, AA news release

As of Jan 31st, 2022 - Benefits typically do not show up when managing the booking and will show up when checking in online.

To receive elite benefits add your AAdvantage number at time of purchase, or contact JetBlue customer service to add it after purchase.

JetBlue Basic: AA elites still get free seat selection and a free bag on Blue Basic fares. All passengers are allowed to bring on board a personal item that fits under the seat. However you do not get to bring a free full size carry-on with Blue Basic except when you select an Even More Space seat.

AA Loyalty Points can take a week to post.

AA Link to Benefits page

Print Wikipost

AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Where you able to check in on line or did you have to do it at the checkin counter? Which airport if we may ask?

I didn’t try to check in online so I have no idea.

This was SLC airport.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I booked basic economy - did anyone else get 1/4 of the distance added to their million mile count?
Old May 15, 2022, 10:33 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I booked and flew a JetBlue ticket that had an AA segment, with an AA flight number. The B6 flight posted to my AAdvantage account almost immediately. The AA flight segment hasn't posted after over a week. How long does it usually take for all segments on a B6 ticket to post?

Last edited by aau; May 16, 2022 at 11:31 am
Old May 15, 2022, 11:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Have B6 flite booked,. Added AA profile, but unable to change FF number in the res

HELP

Last edited by alhcfp; May 16, 2022 at 8:24 am
Old May 15, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by lifeisart
I booked basic economy - did anyone else get 1/4 of the distance added to their million mile count?
I got 255 million miler miles for the DCA-BOS segment which is about 400 miles in actuality.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I did DCA-BOS on 12/31 and got 345 miles so about 50 miles short of miles flow. Recently did LGA-BOS in basic and got 185 miles which 100% of miles flown
Old May 22, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
Hi folks. AA Gold here looking to fly Jetblue on a B6-coded flight next month with my wife in the same reservation. I know Golds get one free bag when flying B6, but I haven't found anything online confirming that non-elite travelers booked in the same reservation also get a free bag.
Bumping since I did not see an answer and cannot seem to find anything in the various FAQs. 4 of us will fly LAX-JFK in Blue in December booked directly with B6 / B6 metal. I am currently Gold but may be Plat by then. Plenty of time to figure this out, and who knows if AA and B6 will still be friendly by then -- but for now wondering if my companions will also get the bag waiver?
Old May 22, 2022, 8:57 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by dbuckho
Bumping since I did not see an answer and cannot seem to find anything in the various FAQs. 4 of us will fly LAX-JFK in Blue in December booked directly with B6 / B6 metal. I am currently Gold but may be Plat by then. Plenty of time to figure this out, and who knows if AA and B6 will still be friendly by then -- but for now wondering if my companions will also get the bag waiver?
See this post.
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Trying to book a B6 flight and earn on my AAdvantage account/get PLT benefits. When I enter my Advantage, the system does not recognize it and doesn't allow me to continue with the booking process. Odd that if I put the AAdvantage number of another passenger, it works perfectly (the system doesn't even try to match first/last name). Anyone else ran into this issue?
Old May 23, 2022, 12:17 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Trying to book a B6 flight and earn on my AAdvantage account/get PLT benefits. When I enter my Advantage, the system does not recognize it and doesn't allow me to continue with the booking process. Odd that if I put the AAdvantage number of another passenger, it works perfectly (the system doesn't even try to match first/last name). Anyone else ran into this issue?
Does your AAdvantage number start with a 0 or is less than 7 characters?
Old May 23, 2022, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by VFR
Does your AAdvantage number start with a 0 or is less than 7 characters?
None of them. Starts with a letter and has 7 characters.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by SDQBound
None of them. Starts with a letter and has 7 characters.
I had this issue yesterday trying to enter 4 AA numbers into a reservation. Worked fine for 3 of the 4 but one of my son's would not take. His is 7 characters but starts with the number 2.

Second son's AA # starts with a 1 - no issues. We are traveling on points so I just entered his TrueBlue # instead - but very odd website behavior.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Booking B6 as AA Elite

If the fare is comparable (I know that often it isn't) which website AA or B6 is better for obtaining AA Elite benefits? (free bag(s), EMS seats, etc.).
Old May 23, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I'm not sure it matters for those items. However, if booking an itinerary wholly on B6, I'd book direct with B6 so you have all the features available online without a hassle.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I prefer booking AA for the certainty, but -most- benefits that apply to AA elites are to a significant degree available as a B6 passenger. Blue Basic fares are a bit different, but they apply day of departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.