FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Unexpected and Personalized Response from AA to Suggestion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2021691-unexpected-personalized-response-aa-suggestion.html)

FAA1996 Jul 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Unexpected and Personalized Response from AA to Suggestion

I'm amazed that I got a quick and personalized response to a comment/suggestion I submitted to AA via the website yesterday. I got two calls today which I missed and was left 2 messages. This afternoon I received a personalized e-mail in response. I am guessing they either don't have much else to do or are really concerned about frequent flyers and trying to be better at customer service. Hope it's like this going forward.

mvoight Jul 16, 2020 5:23 am

Originally Posted by FAA1996 (Post 32534772)
I'm amazed that I got a quick and personalized response to a comment/suggestion I submitted to AA via the website yesterday. I got two calls today which I missed and was left 2 messages. This afternoon I received a personalized e-mail in response. I am guessing they either don't have much else to do or are really concerned about frequent flyers and trying to be better at customer service. Hope it's like this going forward.

What was the suggestion?

kmersh Jul 16, 2020 6:42 am

My wife is not an AA frequent flyer but twice now has been personally contacted by AA, first about a compliment of a Flight Attendant and the second about a broken seat belt which the local mechanic was unable to fix and she was downgraded to economy.

Both times the person seemed to be genuinely interested in what my wife had to say, so maybe AA is really trying to be better at customer service during this time period.

fotographer Jul 16, 2020 6:44 am

I think the OP suggested that AA stop peddling their CC applications on board

FAA1996 Jul 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 32535416)
What was the suggestion?

It had to do with enforcement of mask wearing aboard the planes. Definitely noticed a difference in how they responded to this vs how they've responded to things in the past. Did not get the feeling the response had to do with the subject but rather something else has changed on their side. Probably just have more time would be my guess.

JJeffrey Jul 16, 2020 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by FAA1996 (Post 32536422)
Probably just have more time would be my guess.

This.

gcsmith Jul 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 32535546)
I think the OP suggested that AA stop peddling their CC applications on board

Pretty sure that would get you met by police before your next flight. Let's not go crazy here...

houstr8male Jul 16, 2020 5:54 pm

It's nice you got a personal response and phone calls. Yesterday I sent a complaint about wine stains from a previous flight on the counter of my flagship first seat on a 77W to LHR. The plane had been at DFW more than 24 hours so I doubt AAs claims about cleaning and sanitizing planes. Purser "wrote up" the incident. My other complaints were 1) one of the first class lavs was blocked for crew use the entire flight. Never seen that before. 2) The usual FA gabfest in first class galley during most of the overnight flight. 3) The bright light just outside the cockpit being left on the entire flight. This may be policy because it has happened before and FA said it was safety/security related. I got the usual email reply consisting of sorry about your experience, we will forward to appropriate department, blah blah blah.

Blumie Jul 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by kmersh (Post 32535538)
... and the second about a broken seat belt which the local mechanic was unable to fix and she was downgraded to economy.

This is why I would never report a broken seatbelt if seated in a full J or F cabin!