Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage award: can I transit more than one third region?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

The online search engine will not price these routes, so I suspect the answer is no, but...

Can I transit more than one third region on an AAdvantage award? I want to fly Europe to Australia. Can I transit both DOH and HKG? Looking at ATH-DOH-HKG-SYD, which I would prefer over the alternative of ATH-LHR-HKG-SYD. There's no availability DOH-SYD.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Top of climb
The online search engine will not price these routes, so I suspect the answer is no, but...

Can I transit more than one third region on an AAdvantage award? I want to fly Europe to Australia. Can I transit both DOH and HKG? Looking at ATH-DOH-HKG-SYD, which I would prefer over the alternative of ATH-LHR-HKG-SYD. There's no availability DOH-SYD.
Given the current AU restriction on entry can you enter AU?
And check the Covid-19 transit rules. These are not the airlines problem or risk:- all your risk
When are you wanting to travel to SYD? Also try BNE, but not MEL
Today the AU government has announced more restrictions (~50% less flights-arrivals). QR has been a major source for entry into AU

Link https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocea...l#post32520900
Originally Posted by bensyd
.. ,....and being required to foot the bill. If that happens for domestic arrivals I would assume that it will be implemented for international arrivals.
National Cabinet decides to restrict international arrivals by half in bid to contain coronavirus spread
<snip>
"We also today a reduction in the number of inbound arrivals into Australia across those ports that are able to accept returning Australian citizens and residents," Mr Morrison said after National Cabinet met this morning."They will be cut by just over half across all the various ports that are taking those … residents returning to Australia."

Every state and territory will also begin charging people in mandatory quarantine.
<snip>
International flights cut by half as travellers forced to pay for quarantine
<snip>
Since international borders were closed in mid-March, more than 357,000 Australian citizens and permanent residents have returned amid the global coronavirus pandemic. Anyone returning has been forced into 14 days of mandatory hotel quarantine to slow the spread of coronavirus. The cost of the stay had been covered by the taxpayer - until now
<snip>
On Friday, the Morrison government said that hotel bill would now fall on the return traveller, with each state and territory required to decide on a “charging system” for return travellers.
<snip>

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 10, 2020 at 2:22 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Top of climb

But to answer your question, no, you cannot transit more than one third region (in some cases you can't even transit in one third region).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.