Wiki Posts
Search

help needed regarding "no change fee"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
help needed regarding "no change fee"

hey folks, i might need the hive mind here....

i have two tickets (one bought late May, one bought early June) for travelling around christmas 2020, both are oneway tickets one is worth approx. 200 USD, the other 150 USD.
as far as I understand and as far as Twitter team confirmed,

- i can use the value of the tickets for a future travel
- this travel has to be complete till somewhen late 2021.
- i can use the combined value to buy one (1) new ticket (here a return ticket)

is that correct and if yes, how do i get managed this, cause call center couldnt help and HUACA was not sucessful.

Last edited by Nephoi; Jul 5, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Old Jul 5, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
is that correct and if yes, how do i get managed this, cause call center couldnt help and HUACA was not sucessful.
What does that mean -- "couldn't help"? This is exactly the type of situation the reservation agents handle and usually do so without any trouble. What specifically did you request and what specifically was their response?
FAA1996 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
What does that mean -- "couldn't help"? This is exactly the type of situation the reservation agents handle and usually do so without any trouble. What specifically did you request and what specifically was their response?
I was told that I only can use the value of one ticket for each purchase and that im not able to pay/exchange/trade/pay one new ticket with/for two old tickets. twitter told me otherwise.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Nephoi
I was told that I only can use the value of one ticket for each purchase and that im not able to pay/exchange/trade/pay one new ticket with/for two old tickets. twitter told me otherwise.
For most city pairs in the US, you can buy 2 discounted one way tickets for the same price as a roundtrip / return
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: United,Marriott Silver
Be really specific. Put the new ticket on hold. Then call and say you have a ticket on hold and have unused ticket credits you need to use to pay for it and you have the ticket numbers ready whenever the agent is. The agent will ask for the 6 character record locator. Then hopefully apply those credits to the new flight. I have used unused ticket from a flight one place to a whole different one for another.

I have not used two, but when the value of one did not cover it, I paid the rest with my credit card, so hopefully your two ticket numbers will work the same. The only possibility I can see complicating it is that AA will not let us, for example, use two credit cards to pay for a purchase, so I hope that isn't the problem, but I doubt it.

I find it much easier to just be proactive and TELL them what it is you need done.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Got it. You used to be able to apply up to four old tickets to the purchase of one new ticket. I believe native Sabre can do this. I've done it a few times although not in the last several years. I'm not sure if the AA overlay allows this, however.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:14 am
Original Poster

big problem here.
ticket was paid in EUR but the fare basis is in USD. so basically i can use those two tickets only for domestic flights BUT not merge them into one new.
i just gave up and paid the fare difference.

now I have one useless ticket with the possibility of a sched change from now to december. if not, i call late december and cancel and save the value for a travel prior to June 21...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.