Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Concierge Key & Flagship First Access to LHR Concorde Room. Reciprocal benefit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver

JonNYC posted on twitter that CK will get access to the BA Concorde Room in LHR.
Will BA GGL or CCR card holders get access to the AA Dining room?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:43 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
CKs have been given single use FFD invitations in the past, but otherwise do not have access to FFD.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Then this CCR access is even more puzzling. Why is BA giving AA members access to their prized CCR and BA's members get nothing in return?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 5:26 pm
VFR

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Then this CCR access is even more puzzling. Why is BA giving AA members access to their prized CCR and BA's members get nothing in return?
AA pays BA for CCR access for F and CK passengers. It's not like there is something at the airport that CKs are getting and GGLs are not, in fact it seems they are treated roughly equally by AA.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by VFR
AA pays BA for CCR access for F and CK passengers. It's not like there is something at the airport that CKs are getting and GGLs are not, in fact it seems they are treated roughly equally by AA.
Is CCR access for AA F passengers new? I've always been sent to the Galleries F lounge. However, as a BA F passenger I'm usually allowed into the Flagship First Dining in MIA.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Is CCR access for AA F passengers new? I've always been sent to the Galleries F lounge. However, as a BA F passenger I'm usually allowed into the Flagship First Dining in MIA.
AA F passengers never had access to the CCR
jcatman likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
How different of a place the CCR is today than it was 20 years ago...
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 9:11 pm
VFR

American's site on T5 currently does not mention a lounge for First on AA metal (likely an omission).

says that Flagship First and CK will get access to the CCR.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by asnovici
AA F passengers never had access to the CCR
Yes - but it is also true that the AA flights didn't depart from the terminal where the Concorde Room was. It makes sense that 1st class passengers would get access to the Concorde Room given that those travelling in 1st on BA get access
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Yes - but it is also true that the AA flights didn't depart from the terminal where the Concorde Room was. It makes sense that 1st class passengers would get access to the Concorde Room given that those travelling in 1st on BA get access
That doesn’t really make sense.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No, that's not a given at all. The Concorde Room is completely separate from OW lounge access policies. BA operates CCR exclusively for its own First pax and CCR cardholders, and a separate Galleries First ("Flounge") for OW purposes. (Similar to how AA operates Flagship First Dining within the Flagship Lounge. Flagship Lounge is for OW pax, while Flagship First Dining is restricted to those actually booked in International/Transcon First on a given flight.)

It is clear that AA and BA are making a separate deal to offer an elevated lounge experience for CKs and those booked in the First Class cabin (only up to 8 seats per 773 flight, and I believe certain industry non-revs are not eligible for lounge access anyway).
JDiver likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cmd320
At JFK AA and BA operate from different terminals. The Concorde Room in T7 is specifically and exclusively for BA F passengers and CCR card holders/GGL. Flagship First Dining in T8 is exclusively for Flagship First passengers and available 2 x per year to CK members. There is no reason for AA Flagship First passengers or BA F passengers to be granted access to the CCR or FFD, respectively, at either JFK or LHR because they operate from different terminals.

But that would need to change when they co-locate at either airport, because both airlines have spaces exclusive to F passengers, and probably won't be building additional, separately-branded lounges.

With AA moving in with BA at LHR, they are arranging for their F passengers and CK members to have access to the Concorde Room at LHR. It seems like this might be a long-term arrangement.
What is being asked is if there will be a reciprocal arrangement whereby BA F passengers/CCR Card Holders/GGL will be granted access to FFD at JFK either when BA moves to T8 (I assume they most definitely will, in whatever form/with whatever footprint FFD will have) or now (I think less likely, since BA still operates from T7 at JFK).
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
It does since BA and AA operate a JV and BA 1st passengers are entitled to access the Concorde Room. Logicaly a BA passenger travelling on an AA flight would get access to the Concorde Room - it would not be a great joint venture if the AA passengers did not get the same benefit

Since BA and AA have operated at different terminals, there has never been a time where Concorde Room access has been relevent. If AA codeshare passengers on BA flights have received access to the Concorde Room, it would be rather bizarre to not allow it
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DMPHL
At JFK AA and BA operate from different terminals. The Concorde Room in T7 is specifically and exclusively for BA F passengers and CCR card holders/GGL. Flagship First Dining in T8 is exclusively for Flagship First passengers and available 2 x per year to CK members. There is no reason for AA Flagship First passengers or BA F passengers to be granted access to the CCR or FFD, respectively, at either JFK or LHR because they operate from different terminals.

But that would need to change when they co-locate at either airport, because both airlines have spaces exclusive to F passengers, and probably won't be building additional, separately-branded lounges.

With AA moving in with BA at LHR, they are arranging for their F passengers and CK members to have access to the Concorde Room at LHR. It seems like this might be a long-term arrangement.
What is being asked is if there will be a reciprocal arrangement whereby BA F passengers/CCR Card Holders/GGL will be granted access to FFD at JFK either when BA moves to T8 (I assume they most definitely will, in whatever form/with whatever footprint FFD will have) or now (I think less likely, since BA still operates from T7 at JFK).
This is why there is a Galleries F lounge. For non-BA pax in F cabins.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
No, that's not a given at all. The Concorde Room is completely separate from OW lounge access policies. BA operates CCR exclusively for its own First pax and CCR cardholders, and a separate Galleries First ("Flounge") for OW purposes. (Similar to how AA operates Flagship First Dining within the Flagship Lounge. Flagship Lounge is for OW pax, while Flagship First Dining is restricted to those actually booked in International/Transcon First on a given flight.)

It is clear that AA and BA are making a separate deal to offer an elevated lounge experience for CKs and those booked in the First Class cabin (only up to 8 seats per 773 flight, and I believe certain industry non-revs are not eligible for lounge access anyway).
It makes sense to me given that the 2 airlines are operating a joint business - One World policies have no impact on the joint venture and if they were in different alliances / not in an alliance but operating a JBV, I would have expected it for class of service
teemuflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.