Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transcon one way widebodies?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:57 am

The July MIA-LAX schedule seems to have changed yesterday, and now there are multiple 777s making the trip every day.

These flights were using A321s before, but they cancelled multiple flights and consolidated the remaining passengers into fewer (and more crowded) planes.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by jcs27
The July MIA-LAX schedule seems to have changed yesterday, and now there are multiple 777s making the trip every day.

These flights were using A321s before, but they cancelled multiple flights and consolidated the remaining passengers into fewer (and more crowded) planes.
I would just be very cautious of booking any domestic itinerary and banking on a widebody. Lots of equipment swaps in either direction - just because you book on a 777 doesn't mean they will operate a 777. In my experience, the only routes that are reliable for domestic widebody service are those on the AA cargo schedule, which are virtually zero right now.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
And my MIA-LAX flight was swapped from 772 to 77W! Got lucky....it’s my understanding there’s like a 50/50 chance of the 772 going 77W from other reports I’ve seen.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Thanks for all the tips. In the final analysis, Nonstop Jfk-lax in J for us means more space and less vectors of interaction (less planes, less airport, less germ Ps plus lie flat seat creates distance). Score for a fam of 4.
KBMIFlyer and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by the phoenix
Got some miles to burn and we are looking for a one way to SAN, and will drive back to JFK over the course of 2 weeks. Aiming to book J/F but any wide bodies serving the route, through DFW or ORD or other airports? WAs just looking for a better F product. Thoughts please?
As others already posted, MIA LAX has a 772 though only 1 flight per day.
There aren't any widebodies doing transcon anymore. Routes like MIA DFW, ORD DFW, and LAX DFW get 772 and 788/789 service but you wouldn't have the nicer transcon soft product. Also, sometimes MIA-JFK and MIA-BOS get 772s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.