Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Will FAs Serve Staggered Meals to First/Biz Pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will FAs Serve Staggered Meals to First/Biz Pax?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
I think regular travelers are well aware that one can get a good quality restaurant meal in a major US city at 9:30pm. But YMMV.
Yes, YMMV. But thank you anyways for your posting advice.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

My husband is an extremely

You can't leave us hanging like this!
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:24 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Flyertalk is like a Soap Opera - so I have to leave you hanging on until next time!
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Me, on the other hand... never never never eat any food on an airline... just never have... did I say never enough?
drinks on the other hand.. please another would be lovely
Blumie likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by fotographer
Me, on the other hand... never never never eat any food on an airline... just never have... did I say never enough?
drinks on the other hand.. please another would be lovely
And with any luck the drinks you are consuming have a high enough alcohol content to kill any virus that may try to sneak its way in.
Explore and dvs7310 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Blumie
There are many reasons why someone might choose to eat airplane food, but I think it's both helpful and relevant to remind people that there are other options. By way of example, I flew JFK-LAX earlier this month on a flight that departed at 600p and arrived around 915p (1215a NYC time). This is a prime example of a flight that operates during "normal meal times." That said, many people may not know that there are quality restaurants within a 10- to 15-minute ride from LAX -- in Manhattan Beach, Playa del Rey, Marina del Rey, and Santa Monica, for example -- that are open late enough to enjoy a late meal. In my case, I was seated at the Tin Roof Bistro in Manhattan Beach by 930p and had a really nice, leisurely meal with a friend. I find this information both helpful and relevant. YMMV.
lol you keep forgetting to mention those of us who enjoy eating the snack meal on the flight and then going to eat on arrival
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:05 pm

More than likely, not, since the new procedures are designed for minimal contact.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
My husband is an extremely
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
LOL, I was thinking exactly the same thing, but the greatest part is that in the likes row just below it, the first person who currently shows up with a like is "GrumpyYoungMan".
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
And with any luck the drinks you are consuming have a high enough alcohol content to kill any virus that may try to sneak its way in.
Funny! Although, that isn't the way it works. The virus is respiratory, not gastrointestinal. To put the "drink" to best use, pouring it your eyes and snorting it up your nose would be better suited. 😃

James
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:25 am

well , now that you ask.. my usual is a G and T..lots of ice and a lime... BA often doesnt understand lots of ice, like AA does, and yes on many flights.. limes seem to be absent.
but on a lighter note.. long gone are the days of more than a few G and T's on a flight.. now its usually 1 maybe 2.. max.. and that is for a 10 hr journey.. I think ,
either A:.... I am getting old, and just cant be bothered anymore.. or B: I would rather just sleep on the flight ... (that may have something to do with flying 28 hrs somewhere, just to spend 36 hrs there and turning around and coming home)
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by fotographer
well , now that you ask.. my usual is a G and T..lots of ice and a lime... BA often doesnt understand lots of ice, like AA does, and yes on many flights.. limes seem to be absent.
but on a lighter note.. long gone are the days of more than a few G and T's on a flight.. now its usually 1 maybe 2.. max.. and that is for a 10 hr journey.. I think ,
either A:.... I am getting old, and just cant be bothered anymore.. or B: I would rather just sleep on the flight ... (that may have something to do with flying 28 hrs somewhere, just to spend 36 hrs there and turning around and coming home)
It's a culture thing Sweetheart - the British never used to use ice very much I think that it dated from the days when the water used sometimes was not of the best qualityh. My own Mum used to say that it would give you colic, I discovered the ample use of ice in the US and now require amounts that would sink the Titanic.

No - my husband may be Grumpy ( certainly more Sneezy) but suffice to say that the last time that he saw 60 was at some boarding gate. Suffice to say that FAs - particularly most of the males - are all over him like a rash and I am certain if he determined to disown me in public and eat at a different time; they would accommodate him. Should he, however, ever dare to do such a thing he would need a great deal of repair in the marital goods department. Even if it wrecked a good pair of Jimmy Choos.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:11 am

It's a culture thing Sweetheart - the British never used to use ice very much I think that it dated from the days when the water used sometimes was not of the best qualityh. My own Mum used to say that it would give you colic, I discovered the ample use of ice in the US and now require amounts that would sink the Titanic.

No - my husband may be Grumpy ( certainly more Sneezy) but suffice to say that the last time that he saw 60 was at some boarding gate. Suffice to say that FAs - particularly most of the males - are all over him like a rash and I am certain if he determined to disown me in public and eat at a different time; they would accommodate him. Should he, however, ever dare to do such a thing he would need a great deal of repair in the marital goods department. Even if it wrecked a good pair of Jimmy Choos.
See for me... growing up in north London (big Arsenal fan not the other crap team) beer was always the choice of drink , it was always our dads that drink hard alcohol... mostly Whiskey..
so after moving to the USA... and actually trying a G and T,, it was always served with lots and lots of ice... so has not to bore you anymore.... that is why I like G and T with lot and lots of ice
(note: on many English shows of the past.. eg.. "waiting for God", they are often shown having a Gin...warm...ugh
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.