Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Would you have said something in this situation--FaceTime on flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Yesterday I'm getting ready to take a quick doze somewhere over the Gulf and I hear behind me the ever recognizable ring of a FaceTime call. The girl behind and to the right of me in 6F started chatting with her boyfriend via FaceTime. They began to bicker back and forth about spending time together. He wanted to see her more and she said we see each other enough. I kid you not--this was going on. It was apparent the guy next to her in 6E wasn't going to say anything so I turn around and look over my shoulder, roll my eyes and said "really? That's not allowed during flights you know". She rolled 'em back at me and continued to chat. I did not engage the flight attendants as I wanted to make no more of what I thought would be common sense and more importantly common COURTESY of talking out on a speaker phone facetime call.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I would have ripped her a new one. Worth the diversion and subsequent arrest.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Pickles
I would have ripped her a new one. Worth the diversion and subsequent arrest.
While I wouldn’t have gone quite that far, I definitely wouldn’t have let it go. That kind of thing annoys the crap out of me. I would have asked her nicely and if she kept it up, I wouldn’t have had a problem ringing the call bell.
Gringa, Tanic, Flapjacks and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
I did not engage the flight attendants as I wanted to make no more of what I thought would be common sense and more importantly common COURTESY of talking out on a speaker phone facetime call.
Was she speaking through a mask? 😁
Tanic likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Finkface
While I wouldn’t have gone quite that far, I definitely wouldn’t have let it go. That kind of thing annoys the crap out of me. I would have asked her nicely and if she kept it up, I wouldn’t have had a problem ringing the call bell.
Agreed. This kind of thing makes my blood boil to the point of consequences-be-damned anger.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Seems like an incredibly awkward situation... as annoying as she may have been, I probably just would have put on noise-cancelling headphones.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
My rule is, if it is at or below the level of people on the plane talking normally, I don't care.
mhrb and cscasi like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Antarius
My rule is, if it is at or below the level of people on the plane talking normally, I don't care.
There wasn't a peep in the F cabin and all window shades were down. The masked, not attractive FaceTimer (trying to address three posts in one sentence) was talking as if she was in her living room. LOUD.
Flapjacks likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:59 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This thread is closed, as this topic is not specific to AA nor the AAdvantage program. /Moderator
iadisgreat, rumboj and aztimm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.