MIA-DFW 77W in First

Old Jun 13, 20, 12:03 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 8,367
MIA-DFW 77W in First

HI GUYS. AA is selling both the F and J cabins on this flight as domestic F. Does anyone have any recent experience? Would the cabin crew at least honor soft drinks with ice?
fly747first is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 12:54 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PBI and FRA
Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Posts: 199
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
HI GUYS. AA is selling both the F and J cabins on this flight as domestic F. Does anyone have any recent experience? Would the cabin crew at least honor soft drinks with ice?
Flew this yesterday in 2A. They served whatever drinks were wanted, both before takeoff and during the flight.
Ltgfrk is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 1:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 8,029
This is interesting because in the past when the 77W was flown domestically (outside of MIA-LAX or a 3-cabin route) only the 8 seat F cabin was sold with the J cabin being offered as a preferred/MCE seat and Y service.
Antarius likes this.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 1:28 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 8,367
Talking

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk View Post
Flew this yesterday in 2A. They served whatever drinks were wanted, both before takeoff and during the flight.
HA! I have the same seat
fly747first is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 6:51 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Posts: 837
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
HA! I have the same seat
Arrive at the airport early !
Lomapaseo is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 8:02 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco
Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Posts: 7,665
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
Arrive at the airport early !
how come? Is there lounge fun?
gaobest is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 8:12 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
We're flying back from MIA to LAX at the end of July on the 77W. We have the entire 2nd row in the 1-2-1 configuration (kids want the window seats). Surprisingly the seats were cheap with points, and Business was only 3k points less per seat (on our flight), so I just went with First.

We're in the F class and supposedly there should be dinner since the flight is over 5 hours, so I'm hoping to see they're back to serving hot meals by then.
SDM44 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 8:15 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by gaobest View Post
how come? Is there lounge fun?
Some AC lounges will open back up on June 22, but as of now all of them are currently closed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-changes.jsp

I haven't seen if others have opened up yet either. The other ones we would sometimes go to (Centurion, PriorityPass, Sakura) are currently closed.
SDM44 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 8:27 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 8,029
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
Some AC lounges will open back up on June 22, but as of now all of them are currently closed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-changes.jsp

I haven't seen if others have opened up yet either. The other ones we would sometimes go to (Centurion, PriorityPass, Sakura) are currently closed.
Centurion Lounges are still closed to my knowledge.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 8:29 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 5,006
Are the flagship lounges going to open at all this summer?
nk15 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 9:54 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 8,029
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Are the flagship lounges going to open at all this summer?
No plans to reopen the FLs at the moment unfortunately. It does say those eligible for FL access can use the AC if available.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jun 13, 20, 10:26 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
We're in the F class and supposedly there should be dinner since the flight is over 5 hours, so I'm hoping to see they're back to serving hot meals by then.
MIA-LAX is >2,200 miles so there will be a meal, if current service offerings hold.
econ is offline  
Old Jun 19, 20, 1:32 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: MSY (finally); previously BOS, NYC, AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,708
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
We're in the F class and supposedly there should be dinner since the flight is over 5 hours, so I'm hoping to see they're back to serving hot meals by then.
Don't get too excited. Notwithstanding how fancy the seat is, it'll still be airplane slop being served. I'd grab a late lunch or early dinner in MIA for some real food before heading to the airport.
Blumie is offline  
Old Jun 19, 20, 1:40 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 6,972
Did MIA-LAX recently (not sure if the admins with redact this too as they censor me now).....FC and BC are sold as one.
cmd320 likes this.
AANYC1981 is offline  
Old Jun 19, 20, 1:44 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: MSY (finally); previously BOS, NYC, AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,708
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Did MIA-LAX recently (not sure if the admins with redact this too as they censor me now).....FC and BC are sold as one.
Right now that route is served only by 2-class aircraft (including a once daily 772). Beginning July 7, the 772 will be swapped out for a 77W and will be sold as 3-class, F, J and Y.
Blumie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: