MIA-DFW 77W in First

Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
MIA-DFW 77W in First

HI GUYS. AA is selling both the F and J cabins on this flight as domestic F. Does anyone have any recent experience? Would the cabin crew at least honor soft drinks with ice?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Originally Posted by fly747first
HI GUYS. AA is selling both the F and J cabins on this flight as domestic F. Does anyone have any recent experience? Would the cabin crew at least honor soft drinks with ice?
Flew this yesterday in 2A. They served whatever drinks were wanted, both before takeoff and during the flight.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
This is interesting because in the past when the 77W was flown domestically (outside of MIA-LAX or a 3-cabin route) only the 8 seat F cabin was sold with the J cabin being offered as a preferred/MCE seat and Y service.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Talking

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
Flew this yesterday in 2A. They served whatever drinks were wanted, both before takeoff and during the flight.
HA! I have the same seat
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:51 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by fly747first
HA! I have the same seat
Arrive at the airport early !
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Arrive at the airport early !
how come? Is there lounge fun?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:12 pm

We're flying back from MIA to LAX at the end of July on the 77W. We have the entire 2nd row in the 1-2-1 configuration (kids want the window seats). Surprisingly the seats were cheap with points, and Business was only 3k points less per seat (on our flight), so I just went with First.

We're in the F class and supposedly there should be dinner since the flight is over 5 hours, so I'm hoping to see they're back to serving hot meals by then.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
how come? Is there lounge fun?
Some AC lounges will open back up on June 22, but as of now all of them are currently closed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-changes.jsp

I haven't seen if others have opened up yet either. The other ones we would sometimes go to (Centurion, PriorityPass, Sakura) are currently closed.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDM44
Some AC lounges will open back up on June 22, but as of now all of them are currently closed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-changes.jsp

I haven't seen if others have opened up yet either. The other ones we would sometimes go to (Centurion, PriorityPass, Sakura) are currently closed.
Centurion Lounges are still closed to my knowledge.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Are the flagship lounges going to open at all this summer?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Are the flagship lounges going to open at all this summer?
No plans to reopen the FLs at the moment unfortunately. It does say those eligible for FL access can use the AC if available.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
We're in the F class and supposedly there should be dinner since the flight is over 5 hours, so I'm hoping to see they're back to serving hot meals by then.
MIA-LAX is >2,200 miles so there will be a meal, if current service offerings hold.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Don't get too excited. Notwithstanding how fancy the seat is, it'll still be airplane slop being served. I'd grab a late lunch or early dinner in MIA for some real food before heading to the airport.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Did MIA-LAX recently (not sure if the admins with redact this too as they censor me now).....FC and BC are sold as one.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Did MIA-LAX recently (not sure if the admins with redact this too as they censor me now).....FC and BC are sold as one.
Right now that route is served only by 2-class aircraft (including a once daily 772). Beginning July 7, the 772 will be swapped out for a 77W and will be sold as 3-class, F, J and Y.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.