Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Richard Anderson to replace CEO Doug Parker at AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Richard Anderson to replace CEO Doug Parker at AA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by cmd320
If the preceding seven years haven't convinced the oblivious BoD that Parker is a lump on a log then I doubt anything has changed recently for them to dump him now.
I agree
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Is this a documented fact? If so, where has it been documented?
No, sir. I don't have documented. Sorry.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by cmd320
If the preceding seven years haven't convinced the oblivious BoD that Parker is a lump on a log then I doubt anything has changed recently for them to dump him now.
Possible that Dougie is simply tired of being CEO, ready to move on? Can't believe he is having much fun right now, immediate crisis has been averted, good time to hand over the reigns to a successor.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by diver858
Possible that Dougie is simply tired of being CEO, ready to move on? Can't believe he is having much fun right now, immediate crisis has been averted, good time to hand over the reigns to a successor.
Yes, it's time to let him go. He had to go now. He won't stay work forever. He's exhausted.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by Antarius
good post.

The delta merger was the best thing that could have happened to NW. NW was a mess, imagine how much worse it would have been if they had merged with UA
Not true, it also had emerged from bankruptcy in '07, same as Delta, and was profitable at the time of the merger. Its frequent flyer program was superior to DL's. Its operation was superior to DL.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
As an elite with NW from 2000 to 2005, I can attest that NW was not a mess. They had a lot of management/workforce animosity, but operationally they were sound. Their hubs were efficient, and they usually led the legacies in on time performance and baggage handling. DTW was a palace when the new terminal opened, and MEM was fun, efficient, and a great place to eat during a layover. I didn't use MSP much, but it was a nice enough hub. There were a ton of F seats, and upgrades were EASY. Service was decent, maybe best described as Midwestern "nice." Minneapolis and Detroit could handle weather much better than O'Hare.

I strongly believe that the reason why Delta has been successful since the merger is because they took the best of both companies. They combined the operational excellence of Northwest Airlines with the hospitality and service of Delta Air Lines. Along with good management and good employees, they created a great airline.

Consider that AA is a amalgamation of America West, US Air, and legacy American. Not as many positives to start with.

Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Not true, it also had emerged from bankruptcy in '07, same as Delta, and was profitable at the time of the merger. Its frequent flyer program was superior to DL's. Its operation was superior to DL.

Last edited by thunderdeacon; Jun 16, 2020 at 5:45 pm
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As there does not seem to be a credible/cited source for this rumor and discussion has generally gone off-topic, we will close this thread. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.