Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Announces Increased Flight Schedules (Published 7 Jun 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Announces Increased Flight Schedules (Published 7 Jun 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:24 am

July schedule has been loaded. Glad to see AA is bringing back ICN route in July as planned on April 2nd without further delay. Operating days have moved though, from Mo-Fr-Su to Mo-Th-Sa, and the aircraft stays overnight at ICN for the crew timing I guess. AA phone line will be busy whole next week..
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
I guess until some of the countries (UK, Germany, Spain, France) ease up on the need for quarantining upon arrival, airlines will be running these type of limited schedules. However, once most of Europe eases up, then I think they'll be running frequent flight schedules. My firm is keeping us grounded until above mentioned countries open up. So most of our planning is for after Sept.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
DFW-DUB is 3X per week on the new schedule, as stated, but then goes to daily in August. I guess we'll have to wait until early July to see if they actually do resume daily flights. Right now Ireland has a strict 14 day quarantine for all arrivals, so I'm surprised AA is running any flights. Perhaps they are betting on an early relaxation of the rules.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by remedy
Surprised but happy it made the list!
Yes! I flew it before. I took nonstop flight PHX-LHR-BSL and coming home BSL-LHR-PHX. Easy ride. I flew in premium economy class. Very comfortable for me, but I didn't like sit in the main economy class anymore. It hurt with my knees. Last year I have a bad knees. The legroom is too crapped.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by kcmd
I guess until some of the countries (UK, Germany, Spain, France) ease up on the need for quarantining upon arrival, airlines will be running these type of limited schedules. However, once most of Europe eases up, then I think they'll be running frequent flight schedules. My firm is keeping us grounded until above mentioned countries open up. So most of our planning is for after Sept.
Same here. i work in Big 4 consulting and right now we’re remote until September. At which point practice areas, accounts and geography will all play a role in when we begin travel again as a firm, rather than a blanket policy. As my current client is literally at ground zero of the pandemic in NYC (and also happens to be Ground Zero at the WTC in Manhattan), it’s been communicated that there will be no travel until at least October.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by kcmd
Problem is also vice versa, that Europe can't fly to the US. Although I think Europe allowing in Americans will be the bigger problem.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
There are strong reports from Europe that Americans won't be allowed in for the summer...This may be announced Friday or early next week...What do you think this will do to AA's summer schedule to Europe?
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Sounds like the ban may be through 31Dec2020. We should know more next week. Awful!
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nk15
What do you think this will do to AA's summer schedule to Europe?
What summer schedule? Don't you love it when people answer your question with a question, rhetorical as it is.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Don't you love it when people answer your question with a question, rhetorical as it is.
technically, this is a question. and its a rhetorical one.. and i needs a question mark at the end

to the topic: i think flights wont increase as published. but this is also related to the questions if Europeans are allowed to enter the states and if they have to go to quarantine / self isolation for 14 days after returning.
aaupgrade likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Europeans are desperate for money. They will issue a recommendation from the EU to the member states but each country will decide on their own what they will do. Most southern countries will open their doors far and wide and quickly to the Americans who bring cash. To adhere to the safety theater they will install some fever detection equipment at the arrivals and will forget to plug it in. Tale as old as time .
Old Jun 26, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asnovici
Europeans are desperate for money. They will issue a recommendation from the EU to the member states but each country will decide on their own what they will do. Most southern countries will open their doors far and wide and quickly to the Americans who bring cash. To adhere to the safety theater they will install some fever detection equipment at the arrivals and will forget to plug it in. Tale as old as time .
While I hope you are right about reopening soon, due to open borders in the Schengen zone, I doubt a country-specific selective opening will be possible.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cesco.g
While I hope you are right about reopening soon, due to open borders in the Schengen zone, I doubt a country-specific selective opening will be possible.
I expect Greece might disagree
Old Aug 9, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Nassau Bahamas

The Bahamas changed their minds Americans are welcome but AA not flying there till October. We are looking for safe places to go as Florida is not wish they put NAS back now.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: AA Advantage, United, Southwest
I booked a flight on July 26 for the end of September from MCO to RDM (Oregon) via Phx. When I booked the flight, AA had 2 flights from MCO to Phx. Saturday they sent me an email that they have changes 3 of the 4 flights on my ticket, resulting in a 6 1/2 hr layover going out and 5 hr layover coming back (note they did not change the 6am flight out form RDM to PHX...). This tells me they are cutting back, not adding to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.