Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • São Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK AC recently......it was before 8am so that’s just tomato juice. Apparently I was able to get scrambled eggs before they officially are on offer by asking. I just saw those soup containers behind the bar and asked what was in them.

Also in MIA-D30 I see the same soup containers behind the avocado toast bar.....no signs again saying what was in there or what was available.

Its like the scrambled eggs are a well kept
secret that you have to know to look for and ask. Weird.

Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I think it’s really time for AA to open MIA-D15 as D-30 really feels busy in the evenings.

MIA-D30 offerings in the afternoons are:

Guac station out at 5pm - I have never seen lines for the guacamole bar like this before

Minestrone soup (yawn) at the bar with a tiny sign about it all the way to the left

Salad cups (no ranch dressing but balsamic vinaigrette)

Then the usual crudités, hummus, dessert options all packaged up.

Nice that they’re playing top 40 music instead of Musak type stuff

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jan 29, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Nice to see the CLT B AC open again. It's bright, airy and renovated interior makes a nice change from the C Club.

Incidentally, the individually wrapped bagels they're serving now are really bad.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
For reference, the CLT B Club was open since September or October.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I think it’s really time for AA to open MIA-D15 as D-30 really feels busy in the evenings.

MIA-D30 offerings in the afternoons are:

Guac station out at 5pm - I have never seen lines for the guacamole bar like this before

Minestrone soup (yawn) at the bar with a tiny sign about it all the way to the left

Salad cups (no ranch dressing but balsamic vinaigrette)

Then the usual crudités, hummus, dessert options all packaged up.

Nice that they’re playing top 40 music instead of Musak type stuff
Dropped into D30 to grab a coffee on Saturday morning just gone, bar looked like the good old days but the breakfast food offerings... wow, as bad as I've seen. Chobani yogurt and some sad looking package of a handful of grapes and whatever Kraft manufactured cheese they have a contract for, having been to CLT late last year and the guac bar going along with other more meaningful evening offerings it was disappointing.

Last edited by ChurnieEls; Feb 16, 2021 at 9:34 am
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:29 am

Currently at the Admirals Club at DFW terminal D

quiet and tempted to get a 375 ml bottle of Krug for $65 hehehe
Old Feb 16, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew through DCA yesterday and was met at the gate by a Premium Services Representative. I asked her if there were any plans to reopen the 25-34 Club in Concourse B and she said no. She said there are barely any people using the Club that's open in Concourse C (The Legacy US Club in the 36-45 gate pier) and they can't justify two open clubs
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew through DCA yesterday and was met at the gate by a Premium Services Representative. I asked her if there were any plans to reopen the 25-34 Club in Concourse B and she said no. She said there are barely any people using the Club that's open in Concourse C (The Legacy US Club in the 36-45 gate pier) and they can't justify two open clubs
Valid. I've been the only one there on the majority of occasions that I've visited, since it reopened. (IIRC only the B club was open for a brief while, then they swapped it and only the C club was open)

DCA was a ghost town last Thursday afternoon. 12 months ago, Thursday afternoons were a zoo with business travelers leaving after the work week and leisure travelers going out on long weekends.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Valid. I've been the only one there on the majority of occasions that I've visited, since it reopened. (IIRC only the B club was open for a brief while, then they swapped it and only the C club was open)

DCA was a ghost town last Thursday afternoon. 12 months ago, Thursday afternoons were a zoo with business travelers leaving after the work week and leisure travelers going out on long weekends.
The C club has been an absolute ghost town every time I've been.

I've never been to the B club, but I have to assume that it's nicer than C?
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
The C club has been an absolute ghost town every time I've been.

I've never been to the B club, but I have to assume that it's nicer than C?
Depends what you like. The B Club is the Legacy Admirals Club and it got a refresh more recently than the Legacy US Airways Club which is that mix of dreary late 90s gray seats that US must have gotten a special on and wood paneling. There are still signs for smoke free work carrels. That said, the B Club is small and now that DCA is a hub when things are normal it can be oppressively crowded.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I can confirm that the DCA "C" club has been very quiet. Busiest I've seen it was right around the time of the inauguration when there were about 15 people in the club. Typical "C" club occupancy has been less than 10.

The B club is the old Admirals Club whereas the C club was the US Airways club. The C club is much larger than the B club.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by CMK10
Depends what you like. The B Club is the Legacy Admirals Club and it got a refresh more recently than the Legacy US Airways Club which is that mix of dreary late 90s gray seats that US must have gotten a special on and wood paneling. There are still signs for smoke free work carrels. That said, the B Club is small and now that DCA is a hub when things are normal it can be oppressively crowded.
I'll be so curious to see what they do when the new concourse opens. I can't imagine they will keep 3 clubs, now that all of the concourses will be walkable post-security.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:58 am

Whelp, the long-term viability of my AC membership is now in question. According to Twitter user Rob Pegoraro, Amex is now building a Centurion Lounge at DCA - thanks to the new secure security arrangement that puts virtually all concessions inside of the secure area.

Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Now that most of AA's hubs will have Centurion lounges, I hope they're forced to upgrade options a bit. I mostly connect through CLT and the AC just isn't competitive. Once the DCA location opens my Executive card is probably gone.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Now that most of AA's hubs will have Centurion lounges, I hope they're forced to upgrade options a bit. I mostly connect through CLT and the AC just isn't competitive. Once the DCA location opens my Executive card is probably gone.
Its a difficult choice. I'm trying to think of cities or hubs that I fly to or through where there isn't a good Amex lounge or Priority Pass lounge but an Admirals Club. ORD and BOS come to mind and frankly I have to throw in LAX because the CL there is in TBIT which is not convenient for T4 departures. The other downside to the CL is that they are departure lounges only. If I arrive early at a city, I've been known to cool my heels at an AC before a meeting or connection (often done if I'm flying to BOS to connect to Amtrak).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.