Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • Săo Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by robertablake
Yes, the C/D AC has been reopened since June 24th.
Good. Thanks for the response.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
FCO-BOS in J @ 10:30am...is the BA Lounge the basic option?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
When they got rid of the international drink chits pre-Covid, my recollection is that the AC adopted a two drink limit for free drinks, tracked and linked to your PNR.

Is the two drink maximum still the the policy and is there still no more benefit in terms of free premium wine/drinks for int'l OW elites (outside of access to the FLs)?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
I have never heard of this 2 drink limit and I don't know how it would be enforced. AC bartenders don't ask for your boarding pass or anything like that. Sadly, there are no more free premium drinks either as far as I know.
asnovici and LovePrunes like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by nologic
When they got rid of the international drink chits pre-Covid, my recollection is that the AC adopted a two drink limit for free drinks, tracked and linked to your PNR.

Is the two drink maximum still the the policy and is there still no more benefit in terms of free premium wine/drinks for int'l OW elites (outside of access to the FLs)?
The premium drink vouchers have not returned. During the chit era sometimes they would limit the number of chits other times they didn't care, the BP scanning limited the number of free premium drinks to 1 or 2 I think.

AA (at least in the ~20 years I've been dealing with them) has never had a formal limit to the number of drinks one could have at an AC. The bartenders judge whether someone is intoxicated and should have their alcohol service terminated.

About a year ago there was talk that some ACs or bartenders were instituting their own policy to limit or throttle alcohol service, but I haven't heard anything lately.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
The LHR Admirals Club opened last Monday, August 15. I was walking from the CX lounge to gate 36 last Friday and noticed the AC was open. I went in and staff told me it opened Monday. Lighting is much better. It used to be dark and gloomy. The new furniture is similar to what’s in most refurbished US clubs. Staff mentioned the FL had a tentative October reopening date but they expected that to slip. Wiki needs to be updated.
SPN Lifer and teemuflyer like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:58 pm

FYI I was just told by an AC angel that the RDU Showers are back open. Didn't use them, but good to know.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by nologic
FCO-BOS in J @ 10:30am...is the BA Lounge the basic option?
You can use the Plaza Premium Lounge too I think, I was scrambling to find my Amex Platinum but the dragon spotted 'Sapphire' on my BP and said they've an arrangement with AA so I could just use that.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, National Exec Elite
Has the Admiral's Club in YYZ reopened?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by littlea905
Has the Admiral's Club in YYZ reopened?
It has
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA Gold; Hyatt Globalist; HH D, Marriott Plat
Best AC @ DFW

Any recs for best Admirals Club (non-Flagship) @ DFW, or are they all more or less similar?

Is it safe to assume the independent lounges (Club, Amex, Cap 1) are all superior to AC's @ DFW?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Last edited by FishH2O; Aug 30, 2022 at 4:21 pm Reason: .
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by FishH2O
Any recs for best Admirals Club (non-Flagship) @ DFW, or are they all more or less similar?

Is it safe to assume the independent lounges (Club, Amex, Cap 1) are all superior to AC's @ DFW?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
I would rank them in descending order: A, D, C, B, E
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
plus 3rd party lounge operators continue to expand: Escape, Amex, Capital One, Chase, "The Club" etc. AA could be doing an Admirals Club sometime, but it may be one of these other clubs too.
The existing MCI terminals are just sAAd. So cramped, ugly and inefficent. Will be happy to have that era be over, although I rarely have to fly to MCI.
The KC ATA (airport authority for MCI and MKC) has modified the build-out of the new terminal A to accommodate a second club (the first club being the announced, top floor Delta Skyclub in the new terminal B). Rumor in KC also is that the city manager is 'hot and heavy' for BA to start service from London.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:14 pm

i guess the lounge at jfk closes early on thursdays?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

SFO menu
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.