Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • Săo Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes. I flew through MIA on 2/4 and it was open.
Hoi polloi likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
Is the MIA D-15 lounge open? It was "temporarily" closed a few weeks ago. (And I think I recall seeing someone else stating the same thing more recently...?)
Yes it's re-opened. Supposedly it was temporarily closed because so much of the staff had COVID. The D15 club is far less crowded than the D30 crowded. D30 is out of control. AA needs to get the E club re-opened. Not sure what's going on with that club.

In general some of the clubs are just way too crowded. I've seen lines at a number of the clubs with the staff walking through looking for an empty seat. Trying to conduct business and take calls is impossible. Or the wifi crashes because it can't handle the bandwidth. It's come to the point where I leave the club and go looking for empty gate areas because I can't talk over the people getting three sheets to the wind on their way to Cancun. So much for ambience.
Global321 and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by EXP100
Yes it's re-opened. Supposedly it was temporarily closed because so much of the staff had COVID. The D15 club is far less crowded than the D30 crowded. D30 is out of control. AA needs to get the E club re-opened. Not sure what's going on with that club.

In general some of the clubs are just way too crowded. I've seen lines at a number of the clubs with the staff walking through looking for an empty seat. Trying to conduct business and take calls is impossible. Or the wifi crashes because it can't handle the bandwidth. It's come to the point where I leave the club and go looking for empty gate areas because I can't talk over the people getting three sheets to the wind on their way to Cancun. So much for ambience.
Agree 100%. The last time I was at MIA, I actually had some real work I needed to do (as opposed to just browsing e-mail). The D15 lounge was closed, so I packed into D30 with what felt like a thousand other people - many of whom were loudly enjoying their stay. (I'm all for having a good time while travelling, but there's a limit.) I ended up connecting my laptop to my mobile hotspot and trying my hardest to tune everything else out.

Anyhow, I'm heading back soon, and D15 being open will at least give me another option. Thanks for the info EXP100 and nole1.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at MIA on 2/13 and used D15 and like the others said it was pretty empty.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by EXP100
Trying to conduct business and take calls is impossible.... So much for ambience.
Ah yes, the ambience of listening to every other person conducting a work call all at once in the Admirals Club. Yay!

/s
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Avoid the DCA "B" club from what my travel partner reports this morning. Apparently, a clogged grease trap has forced them to have nothing but take away offerings (I'm sure it's a bagel and cream cheese and maybe a boiled egg?).
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Though I am firmly in the camp of "chicken is not barbecue," the barbecue chicken slider setup at JFK is not bad. On the left is with pickles and slaw; on the right is with "cucumber salad"; both were fine, but eating the chicken with chips was better than either. Next time I would just make a pile of "nachos" with chips, chicken, and the sour cream and onion dip.

Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Platinum
Anyone have intel when the STL club will be open 7 days a week? Looks like STL and PIT are the last clubs to be closed on the weekends. No love for the abandoned hubs.
BERGBRLY likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisny2
August 13th: still an empty space.

They’ve covered the windows with paper, maybe they are finally working on it.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by murphy
They’ve covered the windows with paper, maybe they are finally working on it.
Yes! I posted an updated picture

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34062283-post466.html
murphy likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
PHL Lounges

Had a long layover at PHL today (debated about ubering to Harrah's but decided against it). Flew into Terminal F, spent some time in F Admirals Club then moved over to B/C Club. Both had the same soup options, but in my opinion the food at F Club was much better than B/C. F had the make your own ciabatta sandwiches with choices of swiss and provolone cheeses, hot peppers, anitpasto salad, condiments, sliced meat plus pasta salad, baba ganoush. B/C had the make your own sliders, blah. Both had cheese cubes, hummus, grape tomatoes, etc. I'm not a meat eater so YMMV! I should have stayed at Terminal F longer.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:37 am

Flying JFK-MIA-Trinidad in First. Do you think I'll have access to the Admirals Club at JFK? Or would it just be in MIA?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Had a long layover at PHL today (debated about ubering to Harrah's but decided against it). Flew into Terminal F, spent some time in F Admirals Club then moved over to B/C Club. Both had the same soup options, but in my opinion the food at F Club was much better than B/C. F had the make your own ciabatta sandwiches with choices of swiss and provolone cheeses, hot peppers, anitpasto salad, condiments, sliced meat plus pasta salad, baba ganoush. B/C had the make your own sliders, blah. Both had cheese cubes, hummus, grape tomatoes, etc. I'm not a meat eater so YMMV! I should have stayed at Terminal F longer.
Good to see F is available again. Im mixed on the sliders. I feel the pork meat, while tastey, is a bit mushy. I prefer my pork BBQ to be a bit more firm ( bordering on carnitas crunchy). Not complaining - we're miles ahead of where we were 12 months ago. I'll do the club circuit again on Tuesday....

DCA "C" had breakfast tacos which were kind of novel. For those love bacon, a pot of unlimited bacon is very, very dangerous.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by aramis78
Flying JFK-MIA-Trinidad in First. Do you think I'll have access to the Admirals Club at JFK? Or would it just be in MIA?
You can use the AC at both JFK and MIA.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2020-a-25.html
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I was in the AC at LAX T5 for the first time yesterday. It's a nice club and not busy at all and has great plane spotting.

FWIW again I walked off the national car shuttle bus at T2 and walked across the maze to get to T5. With one of the parking lots closed you have to do a little maze walking but nonetheless much quicker than sitting in that bus inching ahead 1 foot at a time.
thunderdeacon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.