Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • São Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Others can report but if UA has been able to open clubs at EWR I don't understand AA being closed.
Undoubtedly because the AA traffic at EWR doesn't support opening them.

Btw, UA has only opened clubs in its hubs, as opposed to AA, which has many outstations open. AA is much more customer friendly on this point. So complaining about AA relative to UA makes no sense at all.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Undoubtedly because the AA traffic at EWR doesn't support opening them.

Btw, UA has only opened clubs in its hubs, as opposed to AA, which has many outstations open. AA is much more customer friendly on this point. So complaining about AA relative to UA makes no sense at all.
Yeah the UA Lub* @ ATL is still fully closed. I wanted to pop in to the AC last Sunday and ask if they'd heard of a reopening date but waitwhat? Closed on weekends? Oh right, nobody travels on weekends... I don't get it, as AA traffic at ATL seems quite busy and planes are always full. But all of my recent flights have by far been 90% groups 6+ so I guess there's probably not as many AC members traveling now as a percentage compared to "before".

*Intentional typo because I used to be a UA FF and at one of the locations (ORD?) the "C" had fallen off the wall and was just lying there on the dirty floor, sad and distressed, which to me fully demonstrated the ethos of post-merger UA. Little did I know what was about to happen to AA... anyway it'll always be the United Lub to me.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So I'm new to the Admirals Club, have only visited as a guest in the past - pre-Covid, but being DFW based I decided to finally bite the bullet and get a club membership. I have to say, at least those clubs I've been to at DFW are pretty sad, very worn out and have more of a feel of a Dr. Office waiting room. I've previously been very loyal to Delta and have to say their current Sky Club offering with many more free food choices, glassware, larger and better liquor/wine selection and an overall more upscale feel beats the AC hands down. I'm not cancelling my AC membership by any chance (got it through the Credit Card) but Terminal C and Terminal E are pretty underwhelming. Is it time for AA to up their game?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
So I'm new to the Admirals Club, have only visited as a guest in the past - pre-Covid, but being DFW based I decided to finally bite the bullet and get a club membership. I have to say, at least those clubs I've been to at DFW are pretty sad, very worn out and have more of a feel of a Dr. Office waiting room. I've previously been very loyal to Delta and have to say their current Sky Club offering with many more free food choices, glassware, larger and better liquor/wine selection and an overall more upscale feel beats the AC hands down. I'm not cancelling my AC membership by any chance (got it through the Credit Card) but Terminal C and Terminal E are pretty underwhelming. Is it time for AA to up their game?
JonNYC recently reported that there are better F&B offerings coming shortly....stay tuned. But yes I agree with you but the decor doesn’t bother me as much as the lame and small sizes of the food and don’t get me started on those tiny water cups with the AA logo on them. In NYC you have to ask the bartender just to get water and those tiny cups have me back at the bar after two sips.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
The AC in Terminal C hasn't been remodeled because the future of Terminal C is not clear. Do you feel A is worn out? It's practically brand new.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:47 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AAway
The AC in Terminal C hasn't been remodeled because the future of Terminal C is not clear.
DFW Airport plans to renovate one of its original terminals while new sixth terminal is on hold
Terminal C is the only original terminal at DFW to never get a major overhaul.

DFW International Airport is planning to renovate one of its original terminals while it waits for traffic to rebound and demand to return for the future Terminal F project.

The airport board of directors approved a $75 million design management project Thursday that will kickstart upgrades on Terminal C, the 28-gate terminal that is one of the key hubs for American Airlines’ operations at the airport.

Construction on the project likely won’t start for at least a year, airport CEO Sean Donohue said Thursday. But it would give a much-needed update to both the customer-facing sections of the terminal as well as behind-the-scenes updates to systems, such as electrical and HVAC.

Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
JonNYC recently reported that there are better F&B offerings coming shortly....stay tuned.
It would be nice if they had more premium drink (liquor, beer, champagne) offerings, and allowed you to redeem AAdvantage miles for them. DL seems to do pretty well with this, and the mileage redemptions are good value. And if the Krug firesale-induced mania here on FT is any indication, they could do pretty well offering premium champagnes, again, same as DL SkyClubs.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by DMPHL
It would be nice if they had more premium drink (liquor, beer, champagne) offerings, and allowed you to redeem AAdvantage miles for them. DL seems to do pretty well with this, and the mileage redemptions are good value. And if the Krug firesale-induced mania here on FT is any indication, they could do pretty well offering premium champagnes, again, same as DL SkyClubs.
Upgrading the the complimentary offerings to a level similar to the Skyclub would be welcome too...
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
JonNYC recently reported that there are better F&B offerings coming shortly....stay tuned.
Fingers crossed. The clubs at the moment are a far cry from normal times but infinitely better still than waiting it out in the terminal.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Related to DCA, has AA guided when the new Admirals Club in the new concourse will open? National are guiding an earlier opening than anticipated.
Current word on DCA's new Terminal D AC is likely a September opening date.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
DCA is my 2nd home airport so I can’t wait for this!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Just in time for the rumored enhanced F&B offerings per a JonNYC tweet.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Upgrading the the complimentary offerings to a level similar to the Skyclub would be welcome too...
Even more important as the FL's are still closed and they continue to refuse to provide comp premium drinks for those eligible in the AC's.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Just in time for the rumored enhanced F&B offerings per a JonNYC tweet.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Thats great for B6 flyers but they don’t have any lounges so what are us AA flyers getting in return beyond access to their Even More Space seats which is eventually happening I would guess?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.