Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges Begin Reopening 22 June 2020

Admirals Club / Lounges Begin Reopening 22 June 2020

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 23, 20, 3:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Admirals Clubs begin opening 22 June 2020. Flagship Lounges have no immediate plans for reopening. The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations will open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions.
  • Charlotte (CLT) — Concourse C
  • Chicago (ORD) — Concourse H/K
  • Dallas (DFW) — Terminal A and Terminal C
  • Los Angeles (LAX) — Terminal 4
  • New York (JFK)** — Terminal B (only prepackaged food and water will be available, per local restrictions)
  • New York (LGA)** — Concourse D (only prepackaged food and water will be available, per local restrictions)
  • Miami (MIA) — Gate D30
  • Philadelphia (PHL) — Terminal B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) — Gate A7
  • Washington, D.C. (DCA) — Terminal B
Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect:
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.
**Only pre-packaged food and bottled water will be available, per local restrictions.

Additionally, the following Admirals Club lounges will reopen as service centers and will be available to offer travel assistance. Hours vary by location.
  • Atlanta (ATL) — North Terminal, Concourse T
  • Austin (AUS) — Gate 22
  • Nashville (BNA) — Concourse C
  • Boston (BOS) — Terminal B
  • Dallas (DFW)—Terminal D
  • Houston (IAH)—Terminal A
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) — Main Lobby
  • Raleigh-Durham (RDU) — Terminal 2
  • Orlando (MCO) — Gate 55
  • San Francisco (SFO) — Terminal 1
  • Orange County (SNA) — Gate 8
  • St. Louis (STL) — Concourse C
  • Tampa (TPA) — Gate 85
Health and well-being improvements at Admirals Club lounges include:
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

See post 54 for smartphone beverage menu scanning.

Print Wikipost

Old May 26, 20, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP
Arrow Admirals Club / Lounges Begin Reopening 22 June 2020

I went by the "A" club in DFW today and asked when it was going to open. Very nice agent said they were hoping for end of June, just as reported by others here on FT.
Old May 29, 20, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
PHL AC re-opening on 6/22

Last edited by AANYC1981; May 29, 20 at 10:05 pm
Old May 29, 20, 9:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Uzzar View Post
I went by the "A" club in DFW today and asked when it was going to open. Very nice agent said they were hoping for end of June, just as reported by others here on FT.
Also heard the same thing today at DFW. Ever hopeful!
Old May 29, 20, 9:11 pm

PHX AC opening on 6/27

I will check on LGA and LAX on my travels this coming week and report back.
Old May 29, 20, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
So it seems like at least at hubs, most will have their Admirals Clubs opening back up...sorely needed IMHO. I have a pretty good sample size now from multiple connections over the last few weeks in MIA, DFW, PHL and PHX and DFW looked as busy as ever in every terminal that I was in (A, C, E) and MIA was just a mess (as per usual).
Old May 29, 20, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy View Post
So it seems like at least at hubs, most will have their Admirals Clubs opening back up...sorely needed IMHO. I have a pretty good sample size now from multiple connections over the last few weeks in MIA, DFW, PHL and PHX and DFW looked as busy as ever in every terminal that I was in (A, C, E) and MIA was just a mess (as per usual).
AAngels are saying they/AA have been kind of caught off guard on how quickly things are rebounding.
Old May 30, 20, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Funny last Thursday I was sitting at a gate at MIA and the AC staff came by on the CK carts. They were having a parade with the carts playing music and turning them into floats. I was hoping they were celebrating an announcement of when the ACs would open back up but alas it was for one of the staff members retiring. Although good for her.
Old May 30, 20, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George View Post
Funny last Thursday I was sitting at a gate at MIA and the AC staff came by on the CK carts. They were having a parade with the carts playing music and turning them into floats. I was hoping they were celebrating an announcement of when the ACs would open back up but alas it was for one of the staff members retiring. Although good for her.
Nice gesture for sure.
Old May 31, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, United Silver
Looks like we might know when PHL and PHX lounges are opening. Now I'm curious about if LAX, JFK and DFW will be open by July and if the flagship lounges are opening on different days.
Old May 31, 20, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
DCA reopening June 22nd it seems. It was still extremely quiet, but the June schedule should hopefully stimulate more activity.
Old May 31, 20, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I wonder if ATL will be open on 6/22, as I'm traveling out of there? Probably unlikely, as I would assume they'll start with hubs first.
Old May 31, 20, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Don't know why AA is waiting another 3 plus weeks. They should have been opened 3 weeks ago.
Old May 31, 20, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Text from premium services at PHX seems to indicate at least one club there will open 6/22

Old May 31, 20, 4:03 pm

Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA gold-Marriott gold-Hilton silver
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Don't know why AA is waiting another 3 plus weeks. They should have been opened 3 weeks ago.
I think we just need to politely ask at every opportunity. Let them know they are wanted. I keep seeing June 22 but that isn’t good enough for me. My first flight out after shutdown is June 17 and I have a 3 hour layover in DFW.
Old May 31, 20, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
I think we just need to politely ask at every opportunity. Let them know they are wanted. I keep seeing June 22 but that isn’t good enough for me. My first flight out after shutdown is June 17 and I have a 3 hour layover in DFW.
I would expect to be disappointed if I were you.
renila and chrisny2 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: