Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • Săo Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Thats great for B6 flyers but they don’t have any lounges so what are us AA flyers getting in return beyond access to their Even More Space seats which is eventually happening I would guess?
Seatback TVs!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
DFW C at 6:15 tonight.

No guac, mac & cheese, nor soup. Only the cold offerings were out in front of the soda dispenser. Sad!

I'm really hoping they catered enough sandwiches to go around on my flight back to the Bay Area.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
About to head to HNL. Too bad the club is closed there considering restaurants are open here. I have a few hours to kill. I’ll guess I’ll find a place to get an over priced beer at.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 7:12 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The T&Cs for Admirals Club members say "marketed or operated by American", so an AA* codeshare operated by jetBlue should already qualify for Admirals Club access.

Presumably they need to add "marketed and operated by jetBlue" as an exception for folks that are not flying on the codeshare.

I do wonder if jetBlue will start paying for lounge access for Mint -- the fact they don't really have a lounge they can use in JFK or BOS makes it odd to offer AC access in SFO and LAX but not on the east coast.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 1:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Thats great for B6 flyers but they don’t have any lounges so what are us AA flyers getting in return beyond access to their Even More Space seats which is eventually happening I would guess?
As an Admirals Club member who's typically flying AA, I'll appreciate being able to use the Admirals Club on the rare occasion when I'm flying B6.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Former Flagship Lounge is now open at MIA D30 as overflow space. Quiet area and buffet area are blocked off, same cheese, hummus etc. as on offer in the AC. It's Spring Break, and MIA is very busy, maybe for the first time since pre-pandemic.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by taxatty56
Former Flagship Lounge is now open at MIA D30 as overflow space. Quiet area and buffet area are blocked off, same cheese, hummus etc. as on offer in the AC. It's Spring Break, and MIA is very busy, maybe for the first time since pre-pandemic.
FWIW, this has been the case for months. I've seen the MIA FL spaces open (as AC overflow) going back as far as November during peak travel times. It would be nice if the D15 AC was also reopened. My last few visits to the MIA AC have been completely packed (both with and without the FL portion opened).

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
FWIW, this has been the case for months. I've seen the MIA FL spaces open (as AC overflow) going back as far as November during peak travel times. It would be nice if the D15 AC was also reopened. My last few visits to the MIA AC have been completely packed (both with and without the FL portion opened).

-FlyerBeek
Agreed on D15. D30 is getting pretty crowded and it's pretty far from those low D gates. Also the CL closes at 7 PM so it would be really nice having a second lounge down there, especially at night.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:37 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Do I have access if I'm flying JFK-CUN in F on Friday? I remember hearing that Mexico flights get access now?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
Do I have access if I'm flying JFK-CUN in F on Friday? I remember hearing that Mexico flights get access now?
It starts April 1, and it's potentially a "limited time" offer. All international + PR + USVI premium cabin travel will get AC.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10
Agreed on D15. D30 is getting pretty crowded and it's pretty far from those low D gates...
Agreed, it's gotten so crowded we have been going to the Centurion instead. I will say that even when they're crowded, the service staff is usually quick to keep up pace.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LAX T4 Flagship Lounge is open!! Well, sort of open.

Traffic must be up noticeably. I was there Thursday morning (4/1) to find that AA had opened up the entire Flagship Lounge (excluding FFD) as an extension of the regular Admirals Club.
Lots of great new seating room and spacing now. Though no change in food and/or bar offerings.

Last edited by SFO777; Apr 3, 2021 at 7:54 am
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
SFO777 did they give you premium drink chits now that the flagship lounge is open? I'll have to see what's up at DFW's terminal D flagship lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
SFO777 did they give you premium drink chits now that the flagship lounge is open? I'll have to see what's up at DFW's terminal D flagship lounge.
No premium drink chits offered. I forgot to ask about them so not really sure what the situation is. FWIW, I credited the flight to BA so my OWE status was on my record.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by enviroian
It's not open. It's just overflow space for the Admirals Club.
Does anyone know if the ORD Admirals Club H/K remains open? It was recently cited for health code violations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.