Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation-Who do you think will be the 30% leaving AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
With the novel Coronavirus crisis, AA is shrinking.

The list of officers leaving American includes

Bridget Blaise-Shamai, President of AAdvantage (link to thread)
Don Casey, Senior Vice President of Revenue Management
Kurt Stache, Senior Vice President of Loyalty, Marketing and Sales,
Alice Curry, Vice President of Customer Care
John Gustafson, Vice President of Digital Experience

other changes include:

David Seymour becomes Chief Operating Officer
Jim Moses adds Premium Services to his Vice President portfolio including PHL,JFK, LGA, BOS
Vasu Raja, Senior Vice President Strategy adds Revenue Management to his Network Operations bailiwick
Rick Elieson takes over AAdvantage, reporting to Vasu Raja / Revenue Management

Separation will include

American Airlines Will Terminate At Least 30% Of Management And Support Staff
  • 6 months at 1/3 pay and 250,000 frequent flyer miles plus 5 years of travel benefits (“pay priority” package) or.
  • 3 months at 1/3 pay, 21 months of health benefits, and 10 years of travel benefits (“Travel/Health priority” package)

Print Wikipost

Speculation-Who do you think will be the 30% leaving AA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by fotographer
Does it really matter who AA may plan to let go? its not has if we will ever get back the AA that most of us have known prior to the takeover?
I don't see who gets laid off will change whether or not we get a warm ramekin of nuts in the future.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:43 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
My Signature says it all.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:51 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I'd be willing bet money that anyone whose firing would actually improve the airline will have their job protected. I would not be surprised if the people likely to make improvements for passengers and staff to be let go.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
I can count at least two dozen that should not be employed by AA. Start with RNO station manager. He can replace the station manager at the local post office.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Lots of re-org happening. Highlights here: https://viewfromthewing.com/american...igher-leaving/
Aside from Bridget Blaise-Shamai, Don Casey in Rev. Mgmt is out. Kurt Stache in Marketing is too. Some other VPs as well.

Last edited by javabytes; Jun 4, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Hard to believe in the current climate that any of these management changes will be felt at our level any time soon.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by javabytes
Lots of re-org happening. Highlights here: https://viewfromthewing.com/american...igher-leaving/
Aside from Bridget Blaise-Shamai, Don Casey in Rev. Mgmt is out. Kurt Stache in Marketing is too. Some other VPs as well.
Gee, what a surprise, LAA people out the door. Kurt Stache leaving is a big loss.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Herb687
Gee, what a surprise, LAA people out the door. Kurt Stache leaving is a big loss.
Yep, that’s what stood out to me most....LAA leadership
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Frequent Business Traveler has this as well. link

The list of officers leaving American includes Don Casey, its senior vice president of revenue, who is retiring, and Kurt Stache, its senior vice president of loyalty, marketing and sales, who will leave the company later this year. Other departures include Alice Curry, the airline’s vice president of customer care, and John Gustafson, its vice president of digital experience.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Though I haven’t seen any articles, etc. I know a number of people were separated by AA yesterday - mostly front line people, AFAIK. E.g. the very pleasant, smiling African American named Pamela who was usually by the stairs in LAX checking bag number and sizes, etc.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Lots of people being walked out today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.