Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-8 2nd Tranche as of March 2020 w/ Super Diamonds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing 787-8 2nd Tranche as of March 2020 w/ Super Diamonds

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Meanwhile AA is spending millions to continue to densify the rest of the 738 and A321s

Why can’t they spend this time and money to harmonize their premium cabins on their 777 and 787-8?
ROI...

Originally Posted by cmd320
If recent history is any indicator, AA testing proprietary seating is a scary thought.
It’s not proprietary?
Old May 6, 2020, 8:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by cmd320
If recent history is any indicator, AA testing proprietary seating is a scary thought.
Originally Posted by Djokison

It’s not proprietary?
Let’s hope AA never pulls another Safran / Zodiac “Concept D Business Suite” out of its hat ever again.
cmd320, AANYC1981 and robertablake like this.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:23 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by JDiver
Let’s hope AA never pulls another Safran / Zodiac “Concept D Business Suite” out of its hat ever again.
I'm probably in the minority in that I don't mind the Zodiac seats, though I do agree that the other seats are better. What I do mind is not knowing if you will be in a backwards-facing seat until you get on the plane -- and now it's a problem on the 788s and 772s. Hopefully the impetus to put doors on the seats to keep up with DL and BA causes them to harmonize their J seats, especially now that the 332s are grounded until 2022.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by VFR
I'm probably in the minority in that I don't mind the Zodiac seats, though I do agree that the other seats are better. What I do mind is not knowing if you will be in a backwards-facing seat until you get on the plane -- and now it's a problem on the 788s and 772s. Hopefully the impetus to put doors on the seats to keep up with DL and BA causes them to harmonize their J seats, especially now that the 332s are grounded until 2022.
You don’t mind your seat/bed shaking on and off for 8-10 hours while you’re trying to sleep?
jcatman likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 11:40 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
You don’t mind your seat/bed shaking on and off for 8-10 hours while you’re trying to sleep?
I've experienced slight shaking when the person in the opposite seat moves, but it's never been unbearable.
iadisgreat and robertablake like this.
Old May 6, 2020, 9:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by VFR
I've experienced slight shaking when the person in the opposite seat moves, but it's never been unbearable.
Cor me it was also about the balky center dividers and poor overall fit and finish.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Cor me it was also about the balky center dividers and poor overall fit and finish.
Plus the lack of privacy in a majority of the seats.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:44 pm

I don't mind

A nice little coke and Jack will put you out
Old May 7, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
this discussion led me to an interesting bit of backstory on the concept D and it is crazy to think how long these things take and that when they started making plans, it was before the cirrus seat was even out there.

never got to try the concept d seat as my flights had all been on 77Ws internationally, so kind of bummed to miss the "experience" haha

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2016/1...oncept-d-seat/
JDiver and A321T like this.
Old May 9, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VSLover
never got to try the concept d seat as my flights had all been on 77Ws internationally, so kind of bummed to miss the "experience" haha
AFAIK they're not ripping out the Concept D seats that have already been installed on some 772s (19 of them) and the first batch of 788s (20 of them), so you can still get the "experience" if you're "lucky"!
JDiver, cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 9, 2020, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
this discussion led me to an interesting bit of backstory on the concept D and it is crazy to think how long these things take and that when they started making plans, it was before the cirrus seat was even out there.

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2016/1...oncept-d-seat/
Oh don't worry, there's still plenty of time for you to be underwhelmed.
Old May 15, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Rock-a-by-baby...NOT!
Old May 15, 2020, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Rock-a-by-baby...NOT!
Haha!
Old May 16, 2020, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
What’s with all the dislike about the Concept D seats? I actually look forward to each time I get to fly in them. My favorite ones are the rear facing seats. I’ve never noticed any motion over the ocean problems (we’re on a plane that’s going to be bumpy in turbulence anyways!). Can someone help me understand what makes these seats so undesirable? I’ve flown in the 77W business seat and I’ve experienced the super diamond on both the 789 and 772 as well and I’ve experienced the 321T F seat. I find my favorite is the Concept D rear facing seat because of the rear facing concept and find it to just be a more comfortable flying experience.
Old May 16, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I dislike the Concept D seats because they offer little privacy (in most seats, either you’re facing someone else or they’re facing you). Plus, they’re narrow seats with little/no storage. Half of the seats point towards the aisle (minimizing privacy) and few face windows. 777W still the best to me. Super Diamonds are OK, except for the center pairs without privacy. Almost worse than the concept Ds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.