FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA summer 2020 schedule changes due to coronavirus (02 April 2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2016871-archive-aa-summer-2020-schedule-changes-due-coronavirus-02-april-2020-a.html)

C46 Apr 2, 2020 1:16 am

ARCHIVE: AA summer 2020 schedule changes due to coronavirus (02 April 2020)

Has AA64/65 (PHL-TXL) been axed; seems to be gone from the schedule, as the 76s went to ROW?!

MAH4546 Apr 2, 2020 3:12 am

Originally Posted by jamesinclair (Post 32251720)
So American Eagle is pretty much dead in California? Wow!

No. Compass Air, which operates most of the Eagle flying at LAX (and a lot of Delta flying at Seattle), is shutting down. Many of the planes are being transferred to another regional partner (Republic?) and Eagle will be back with it's LAX ops in May.

ClipperDelta Apr 2, 2020 9:02 am

Originally Posted by C46 (Post 32256383)
Has AA64/65 (PHL-TXL) been axed; seems to be gone from the schedule, as the 76s went to ROW?!

Pretty much all of PHL-Europe flights (including TXL, DBV, CMN etc) have been zeroed out for the summer except for LHR, MAD and ZRH. MAD and ZRH don't restart (so far) until July 1. The new routes for S20 such as ORD-KRK/BUD etc. have all been slashed as well.

OskiBear Apr 2, 2020 4:17 pm

Here's the latest

Newsroom - American Airlines Announces Summer Schedule Changes to Match Reduced Customer Demand Related to COVID-19 - American Airlines Group, Inc.

cedric Apr 2, 2020 4:28 pm

^ Nothing unexpected.

DUT Apr 2, 2020 5:05 pm

We were on the Philadelphia/ Berlin flights in August (using Alaska Airlines miles in Business). Our reservation still shows active, but seems inevitable that we will be bumped. Hope we get rebooked, we will advise outcome.

DUT

OskiBear Apr 2, 2020 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by DUT (Post 32258829)
We were on the Philadelphia/ Berlin flights in August (using Alaska Airlines miles in Business). Our reservation still shows active, but seems inevitable that we will be bumped. Hope we get rebooked, we will advise outcome.

DUT

I wonder when these actually get rolled out in schedule updates? I have future flights (Aug/Sept) that have been known to be gone for awhile, but they are still active in "My Flights" - is it just to defer the changes/cancellations swarming AA?

SAT Lawyer Apr 2, 2020 5:20 pm

I don’t see any mention of service between DFW and MAD and between DFW and CDG. It is neither listed as service that will resume on a specific date or service that is cancelled for the summer. So, any ideas for those routes? Asking because I have MAD-DFW in early May, DFW-MAD in late June, and CDG-DFW in late July.

DUT Apr 2, 2020 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer (Post 32258861)
I don’t see any mention of service between DFW and MAD and between DFW and CDG. It is neither listed as service that will resume on a specific date or service that is cancelled for the summer. So, any ideas for those routes? Asking because I have MAD-DFW in early May, DFW-MAD in late June, and CDG-DFW in late July.

Time to dust off the EU261 book, quick peek online (the most reliable source of information) shows that a refund or re-routing is allowed, even with c19 at play...?

More time on hold with the airlines tonight 😞

bse118 Apr 2, 2020 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by DUT (Post 32258829)

DUT

Originally Posted by OskiBear (Post 32258837)
I wonder when these actually get rolled out in schedule updates? I have future flights (Aug/Sept) that have been known to be gone for awhile, but they are still active in "My Flights" - is it just to defer the changes/cancellations swarming AA?

The AA announcement at the linked you posted says: "The reduced summer schedule, as well as the previously announced domestic schedule reductions for May, will be reflected on aa.com starting Sunday, April 5."

uscjeff Apr 2, 2020 8:54 pm

I am scared by today's announcement LAX-HKG is nowhere to be seen. Really hope that route is not gone

IAHtraveler Apr 2, 2020 9:17 pm

Per local news, ILM-LGA will be suspended from 4/7 forward. No restart timeframe yet.

https://www.wect.com/2020/04/01/amer...lm-due-covid-/

cbrown5294 Apr 2, 2020 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by uscjeff (Post 32259322)
I am scared by today's announcement LAX-HKG is nowhere to be seen. Really hope that route is not gone

it’s in the press release:

LAX HKG Service resumes Oct. 25

uscjeff Apr 2, 2020 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by cbrown5294 (Post 32259473)
it’s in the press release:

LAX HKG Service resumes Oct. 25

Missed that - thanks!

N830MH Apr 3, 2020 1:13 am

PHX-LHR service resumes on October 7, 2020.