Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Strange Account Posting - 1 EQD (Elite Qualifying Dollar)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 5MM EXP, UA 2MM 1K, HH LT DIA, MR Plat, NRAC EEV, AMEX Plat

Happened to notice this morning that there is a posting in my activity history on 4/28 - No description, ticket number, or PNR notation. 0 EQS, 0 EQM, 1 single EQD. Haven't flown anywhere in the past 3 weeks or so. I've already requaled this year, on my last flight, which also rolled the odometer over 6MM lifetime. I have already received new EXP and 6MM tags plus SWUs, so I don't think it is related to that, so what gives?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by AA2070
Happened to notice this morning that there is a posting in my activity history on 4/28 - No description, ticket number, or PNR notation. 0 EQS, 0 EQM, 1 single EQD. Haven't flown anywhere in the past 3 weeks or so. I've already requaled this year, on my last flight, which also rolled the odometer over 6MM lifetime. I have already received new EXP and 6MM tags plus SWUs, so I don't think it is related to that, so what gives?
You made me look at my account and I have the exact same strange 1 EQD posting on the 28th as well. I checked my wife's account (EXP), she does not have it. Strange indeed.
​​​​​
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
I have it as well (1 EQD) from when my Citibank credit card 10k eqm posted in March. It’s labeled as such though - it’s not blank like the OPs is.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I have the same in my account. There's 1 EQD from the 28th.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:56 am

I sent a screenshot (below) to AA's Twitter team. They replied, "To be honest, we're not exactly sure either. We're going to dig a little deeper into this on our end. If you have any additional questions regarding your account, you can call ACS at 800-882-8880."
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Don't forget to update your info to reflect your new 6MM status (and congratulations!)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by davecraze
I have it as well (1 EQD) from when my Citibank credit card 10k eqm posted in March. It’s labeled as such though - it’s not blank like the OPs is.
I noticed this last year when I crossed the 40k spend for the 10k EQM. I would say it is related to crossing that (or maybe another) earning milestone.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 11:39 am

My guess is given the limitations due to COVID, they are extending a courtesy to all FF's and preventing their miles from expiring due to no activity. This probably counts as activity on the account and thus resets the timer for another 18 months before mieage expiration
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
My guess is given the limitations due to COVID, they are extending a courtesy to all FF's and preventing their miles from expiring due to no activity. This probably counts as activity on the account and thus resets the timer for another 18 months before mieage expiration
I saw this post this morning and was hoping that was the case. I just went and checked my kids accounts (expire in July) and they don't have it posted yet. We were supposed to fly in March and we had to cancel, so hopefully it does.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Like robertablake's screenshot, my posting also shows "ADJBN" which seems like it's some sort of "ADJ"ustment. However, I can't find anything that's been adjusted, like status expiration, SWU expiration, etc.
robertablake likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If ADJ = adjustment, could BN = bank?

I was about to guess (as posted above) that it's some device to prevent redeemable miles from expiring due to inactivity during the pandemic. If might be easier for IT to just issue the $1 spend credit.
Antarius, ktllo and Air Houston like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
My thoughts as well. Easy way to bulk "tickle" the accounts to extend expiration date.
E55 and Air Houston like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
data point - I did not get this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:05 pm

My guess is given the limitations due to COVID, they are extending a courtesy to all FF's and preventing their miles from expiring due to no activity. This probably counts as activity on the account and thus resets the timer for another 18 months before mileage expiration
A good theory, but I have activity on my account every month, at a minimum with CC purchases, so my account is never in the need to be extended. My last flight posting was this month as well. So I doubt it is this explanation.

Originally Posted by bchandler02
I noticed this last year when I crossed the 40k spend for the 10k EQM. I would say it is related to crossing that (or maybe another) earning milestone.
Another interesting theory, but I have not crossed any milestone/thresholds.

I have had several back and forth with AA Twitter team today. They are still looking into what caused this posting. I will certainly report any definitive findings from them.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If ADJ = adjustment, could BN = bank?

I was about to guess (as posted above) that it's some device to prevent redeemable miles from expiring due to inactivity during the pandemic. If might be easier for IT to just issue the $1 spend credit.
​I don't think it is this reason. ​​​​​I have miles posting every month on my AAdvantage account, so I am not in the need of an extension as my miles expiration is always at the max date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.