Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Which Admiral's Clubs should/will re-open first?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
People will not be “social distancing” much longer. Time to end this insanity and get things reopened. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Or if you’re scared if someone comes within 6 feet of your, stay home!
Old May 12, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
I wonder what the policy will be on clubs that have elevators for access (e.g. ORD H/K, DFW D, C, A, LAX T4 or T5) - My company has headquarters in a Boston high rise and has been told that we will only be allowed one person on an elevator at a time. Hopefully, AA won't be forced into that since my understanding is that masks will be required.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:01 am

2nd hand info.

Walking by DFW C club and agent was out front. Another guy asked her about opening. She said “end of June, maybe”.

Now I know they have very little more info than we do so don’t shoot the “probably wrong” messenger. Hope I am wrong.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
For those flying with AC memberships, do y'all stop by to register your BPs during layovers? Is there anything good that can come of this?

Originally Posted by shaddie
2nd hand info.

Walking by DFW C club and agent was out front. Another guy asked her about opening. She said “end of June, maybe”.

Now I know they have very little more info than we do so don’t shoot the “probably wrong” messenger. Hope I am wrong.
Wow. I messaged AA via Twitter and they said "no updates as of yet." It sounds like they will be shuttered for a good while.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by shaddie
2nd hand info.

DFW D agent said maybe July 1. I've probably asked 5 agents recently and this is first time one replied with an actual date. All others have said they haven't heard anything. Accurate? We shall see.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by houstr8male
DFW D agent said maybe July 1. I've probably asked 5 agents recently and this is first time one replied with an actual date. All others have said they haven't heard anything. Accurate? We shall see.
I'm thinking 7/1 at the very earliest. While flights are getting crowded it seems as though elites (typically a business traveler) aren't back to flying in large numbers based upon the number of crew I see sitting in F and on some flights empty F seats. Until social distancing and wearing masks are a thing of the past I don't see companies putting their people back on the road. And IMHO that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Flights may be getting crowded but on majorly reduced capacity.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I wonder if you could stop by the AC to have them block the seat next to you at least? Didn’t they use to be able to do that as a courtesy?

No lounge access for LAX-JFK now that it coming back is crazy
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Slightly off topic, but question: Are restaurants/bars open in the terminals and serving? Specifically asking about JFK, but any general insight appreciated. I'm guessing they're following Shelter In Place guidelines, or no?
Old May 14, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Slightly off topic, but question: Are restaurants/bars open in the terminals and serving? Specifically asking about JFK, but any general insight appreciated. I'm guessing they're following Shelter In Place guidelines, or no?
Not sure about JFK, but there are several options open in DFW. Pappadeaux's and Pappasito's Cantina are both open in DFW C, with Pappasito's offering takeaway alcohol. Flying Saucer (beer bar) is open in DFW D with barstools spaced at least 6ft apart. Several fast food options (Dunkin, Mickey D's, Chick-Fil-A, etc.) are open throughout the airport as well.

I think most large airports at least have something at this point.
Geordie405 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Not sure about JFK, but there are several options open in DFW. Pappadeaux's and Pappasito's Cantina are both open in DFW C, with Pappasito's offering takeaway alcohol. Flying Saucer (beer bar) is open in DFW D with barstools spaced at least 6ft apart. Several fast food options (Dunkin, Mickey D's, Chick-Fil-A, etc.) are open throughout the airport as well.

I think most large airports at least have something at this point.
Thank you for the info. I guess that makes sense for Texas, since it's "open".
Old May 14, 2020, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
CLT only has Chick Fila and Bojangles open. Of course the worst food health wise in the terminal in response to a health crisis. MIA the bars in the terminal are open and there's no social distancing. DFW seemed pretty open with places when I connected 2 weeks ago. ORD most of the food court is open.

I don't see AA opening the AC possibly for months.
Old May 14, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
AA not opening their ACs for months would make sense if that's what UA/DL/AS were doing, but literally everyone else has at least one lounge open....even with the limited food and beverage offerings, I appreciated having a place to chill between flights in the AS Lounge at SEA yesterday.
AANYC1981 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old May 14, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ksweeney
I wonder what the policy will be on clubs that have elevators for access (e.g. ORD H/K, DFW D, C, A, LAX T4 or T5) - My company has headquarters in a Boston high rise and has been told that we will only be allowed one person on an elevator at a time. Hopefully, AA won't be forced into that since my understanding is that masks will be required.

They all have stairs.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Hmmm. I will check that link now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.