Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Marriott Data Breach and Locking, Changing AAdvantage Accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Data Breach and Locking, Changing AAdvantage Accounts

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm not sure I understand the "New Email" part, although I would think just changing the password would have been enough anyway.. I mean, they are not asking you to change your email address for communications with AA, are they?
Don't know why. He insisted. I just changed it back after finishing my call with them.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
It wasn't presented to me as an option. I was just told they would be changing it. As long as I don't lose my "member since" date, I can deal with it.
As of now I lost my "member since date" They said it would take several days to get MM status and Status levels updated so hopefully that includes member since.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
AA Changing AAdvantage Account Info due to Marriott Breach

Just got this lovely email. AA is c

hanging my Advantage Number. User name. Everything,
Old May 15, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
They changed my AA number, asked me to use a secondary email if I had one and different security questions. My old number rolled off my tongue easier than my wife's name. Now I have to memorize a new one!
Old May 15, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
They changed my AA number... My old number rolled off my tongue easier than my wife's name. Now I have to memorize a new one!
That's the line of the day right there!

(But wait-- you have to memorize a new AA number or the name of a new wife?!)
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 9:48 am

Yep, closed my old one and gave me a new number. Required new logon, different email and different security questions.

Took a week for my LT Plat status, MM balance and upgrades to move over which they did.

Also received 4 SWU's which I expect they will take back as I'm sure the system re-read my MM balance as new.

Member since date also transferred.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
That's the line of the day right there!

(But wait-- you have to memorize a new AA number or the name of a new wife?!)
If this quarantine continues, I won't need the AA # much, but I am driving my wife crazy so, its a real toss up.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Just got this lovely email. AA is changing my Advantage Number. User name. Everything,
I just received that email this morning. So it seems they're still identifying affected customers? The CS rep I spoke to did give me the option to keep my old account (with new password) or create a new one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.