Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taste of concierge key??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Happened to me again this week.

Wednesday transiting DFW was met at the gate and thanked for flying and given gate number.

Today I was met at DFW and driven in a CK cart from my B gate to the C club for my 30 minute sit before the next flight. It was very nice, but I'd have made it to the club 10 minutes sooner using the Skytrain. People just don't move out of the way of the carts

First time I've actually been given a ride in the cart..

Nice gesture though.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Received a meet and greet at DFW recently with my name printed out on a clip board and offered a CK cart service for my connection.....very nice conversation with the premium services rep and just an impressive effort/action on the behalf of AA.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Received a meet and greet at DFW recently with my name printed out on a clip board and offered a CK cart service for my connection.....very nice conversation with the premium services rep and just an impressive effort/action on the behalf of AA.
The thing about this is that I am used to ignoring the people with tablets...knowing they are there for people with special needs or CK's that spend 4x my annual amount. It is likely that as a "lowly" EXP i may not even notice my name on a tablet if they decided to extend such a grand reception to me.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by jhalapin
Happened to me again this week.

Wednesday transiting DFW was met at the gate and thanked for flying and given gate number.

Today I was met at DFW and driven in a CK cart from my B gate to the C club for my 30 minute sit before the next flight. It was very nice, but I'd have made it to the club 10 minutes sooner using the Skytrain. People just don't move out of the way of the carts

First time I've actually been given a ride in the cart..

Nice gesture though.
And, unless one is physically disabled, it's good to get the exercise in walking in between flight legs...
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Uzzar
The thing about this is that I am used to ignoring the people with tablets...knowing they are there for people with special needs or CK's that spend 4x my annual amount. It is likely that as a "lowly" EXP i may not even notice my name on a tablet if they decided to extend such a grand reception to me.
Maybe I missed a special greeting at DFW yesterday??? That would have been fun.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Uzzar
trust me, you get tired of it real quick ... AA is still AA and most of its employees are neither polished nor particularly helpful. i don't even think they are being sincere most of the time and they just have to pretend to smile at me because of my status.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Kindness is the best thing we can offer these days....❤️
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Kindness is the best thing we can offer these days....❤️
You are absolutely right, but sadly, kindness just isn't in the dnAA
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by fly747first
trust me, you get tired of it real quick ... AA is still AA and most of its employees are neither polished nor particularly helpful. i don't even think they are being sincere most of the time and they just have to pretend to smile at me because of my status.
Thats quite contrary to my experiences with AA Premium Services over the years. I can think of one who really didn’t care and was pretty much absent during our interactions, a newer member of PS at Heathrow. Everyone else has been welcoming, attentive and helpful; one in particular is retiring from her position at LAX, and if I have occasion to use these services in the future, I’ll miss her.
marnold3 and AAEmpireState like this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
Thats quite contrary to my experiences with AA Premium Services over the years. I can think of one who really didn’t care and was pretty much absent during our interactions, a newer member of PS at Heathrow. Everyone else has been welcoming, attentive and helpful; one in particular is retiring from her position at LAX, and if I have occasion to use these services in the future, I’ll miss her.
Most of my experiences with AA's premium services staff have been in Miami and though I haven't had any major issues with them, I just don't find them to be particularly helpful... just a few months ago I had to explain to one of them why it wasn't acceptable to rebook me from F on 3-class aircraft to J on a 2-class aircraft.

When AA offered F to Sydney, I must say that the contracted premium services agents there were incredibly caring and professional.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
And, unless one is physically disabled, it's good to get the exercise in walking in between flight legs...
How helpful! Thank you for your contribution!
jhalapin likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:47 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly747first
You are absolutely right, but sadly, kindness just isn't in the dnAA
I’ll have to say the AA staff at HNL are absolute angels, and genuinely care. They have providing phone calls to anyone who could have gone into the AA lounge to ask if there is anything they can do. They mentioned CK travelers dwindled and they are meeting elites at the boarding gate to thank people for traveling and assist with any issues. Thumbs up to AA.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by wchinchen
I’ll have to say the AA staff at HNL are absolute angels, and genuinely care. They have providing phone calls to anyone who could have gone into the AA lounge to ask if there is anything they can do. They mentioned CK travelers dwindled and they are meeting elites at the boarding gate to thank people for traveling and assist with any issues. Thumbs up to AA.
This is also my experience with HNL staff. Well before the pandemic they would proactively call EXPs who they knew were on delayed flights to give them options. Absolutely amazing group of people.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:46 pm
Suspended

I had forgotten about the HNL AC staff....is neither JAL or AA trying to work together to re-open this lounge? Between the two airlines you’d think they could make something work.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asnovici
This is also my experience with HNL staff. Well before the pandemic they would proactively call EXPs who they knew were on delayed flights to give them options. Absolutely amazing group of people.
Completely agree but to be fair, these are contracted employees not your truly typical AA ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.