Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Citi Executive Card - $225 fee rebate, EQM extension, etc. changes?

Old Apr 13, 20, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star

With AA extending Admirals Club membership for 6 months, has anyone received any information as to what Citi intends to do? In addition, any information on extending the $5,000 spend period beyond the 90 days? I called last week and they had no information on either. In light of the present circumstances, I would hope they would step up as Amex and CSR have done.
cfo314 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 20, 2:45 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
I’m still waiting here too. My annual renewal fee is due at the beginning of next month. Since they gutted the card benefits and AA made J mileage saver awards impossible (unless I want the domestic leg in Y, or want to pay the BA surcharges), I very rarely use the card, except for the Admirals Club function. No extension, no renewal
ksucats and brewdog11 like this.
Old Apr 13, 20, 2:55 pm

Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA gold-Marriott gold-Hilton silver
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen View Post
Iím still waiting here too. My annual renewal fee is due at the beginning of next month. Since they gutted the card benefits and AA made J mileage saver awards impossible (unless I want the domestic leg in Y, or want to pay the BA surcharges), I very rarely use the card, except for the Admirals Club function. No extension, no renewal
Same here. I never needed the travel insurance, but it was great for peace of mind. I am on the fence already because of that devaluation. No extension makes it a no-brainer for me to not renew next month.
Old Apr 13, 20, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Same. The card is useless with no lounges, no insurance, etc.
Old Apr 14, 20, 12:28 am

Unless you like to take chances or roll the dice cancel the card within 37 days of fee posting. You can also downgrade within 37 days to a no fee card. When you start to fly again you can reapply. Do not be stupid and guess and hope. You are dealing with a company CEO that said WE WILL NEVER LOSE MONEY AGAIN.
Old Apr 14, 20, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Unless you like to take chances or roll the dice cancel the card within 37 days of fee posting. You can also downgrade within 37 days to a no fee card. When you start to fly again you can reapply. Do not be stupid and guess and hope. You are dealing with a company CEO that said WE WILL NEVER LOSE MONEY AGAIN.
Huh? I didn't know that Dougie was CEO of Citi, too!
Old Apr 14, 20, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Please explain the significance of 37 days.
Old Apr 14, 20, 10:43 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Wife called last week to see if there was any extension, retention bonus, etc. Nope, nothing, so we cancelled.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 20, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler View Post
Wife called last week to see if there was any extension, retention bonus, etc. Nope, nothing, so we cancelled.
I'm guessing you were too early, although I would've done the same thing if my annual fee was due.

I get the feeling that Citi, Amex, and Chase are in the same boat as AA/DL/UA in that each are waiting for the others to act first and then it will largely be a copy/paste with regards to annual fee credits or other retention mechanisms on their premium airline cards with lounge access.
Old Apr 14, 20, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Amtrak, WN
Citi should at least offer a pro-rated annual fee or something to offset closures and entice people to keep the card. They can afford it.
GTITAN and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Apr 14, 20, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11 View Post
Citi should at least offer a pro-rated annual fee or something to offset closures and entice people to keep the card. They can afford it.
That will be the minimum they have to do to keep me. I have about a month to decide.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 20, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
My anniversary is on May 9, have about 6 weeks for Citi and AA to get their act together.

Could not find if/where Admirals Club anniversary is available online - any help?
Old Apr 14, 20, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
My anniversary is on May 9, have about 6 weeks for Citi and AA to get their act together.

Could not find if/where Admirals Club anniversary is available online - any help?
6 weeks?
Old Apr 14, 20, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kitmick1 View Post
With AA extending Admirals Club membership for 6 months, has anyone received any information as to what Citi intends to do? In addition, any information on extending the $5,000 spend period beyond the 90 days? I called last week and they had no information on either. In light of the present circumstances, I would hope they would step up as Amex and CSR have done.
What has AX done?
Old Apr 14, 20, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA CK
Citi, and especially for this card, is usually very willing to engage in retention offers to reduce or refund the annual fee (I supposed based on spend and payment record).

I suspect this year will be no exception.
GTITAN likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: