Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Citi Executive Card - $225 fee rebate, EQM extension, etc. changes?

AA Citi Executive Card - $225 fee rebate, EQM extension, etc. changes?

Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Yes I know it has been discussed, but nobody has reported as to having ever received it. Now someone has.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Still waiting.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Would anyone share what they think is the best non Citi card to earn miles? I am thinking about canceling my Citi card for reasons discussed in this thread, also I am having a problem and am experiencing the worst customer service ever.

I am thinking about getting a Business Amex but not sure which one, or which is the best option.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by sonora
Would anyone share what they think is the best non Citi card to earn miles? I am thinking about canceling my Citi card for reasons discussed in this thread, also I am having a problem and am experiencing the worst customer service ever.

I am thinking about getting a Business Amex but not sure which one, or which is the best option.
Lots of discussion and information in the following forums:
Old Jul 23, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by diver858
Still waiting.
Word is cc holders from 92037 (and 92038 for the PO Box types) will need to wait a while longer...
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by TWA884
Thank you
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
With Apologies If This Is a Double Post--But the First Try Has Vanished

Received this email from American Airlines:

Important news about your Citi / AAdvantage Executive Card Statement Credit
Quote:
We recognize that due to the COVID-19 pandemic it may be difficult to utilize some of the benefits that come with your Citi / AAdvantage Executive card, including your Admirals Club membership.

As a one-time courtesy, you will be receiving a $225 statement credit to your card account upon renewal*.
If you opened your Executive card account prior to April 1, 2020, look for the credit to post to your account within 1-2 billing cycles after your next renewal date. Thank you for your continued card membership.

*Terms and Conditions
To qualify for this one-time $225 statement credit, your Executive Card Account must have opened on or before March 31, 2020, have an assessed Annual Fee of $350 or more at your next renewal and be open at the time the statement credit is posted. The statement credit will post 1-2 billing cycles after your next Annual Fee is charged to your Card Account.

Anybody actually received the rebate on a 2021 card renewal? My card renews on a March statement, so I was too late for it in 2020. No more than I flew I should have cancelled, but I thought this would all run it's course months ago.

Meaning, you really pay the full $450 and then they give you a $225 credit back next month? No more flying than I did last year I might have trust issues, and this seems like a really awkward way to go about cutting the price in half.
onanisland likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by jayer
Meaning, you really pay the full $450 and then they give you a $225 credit back next month? No more flying than I did last year I might have trust issues, and this seems like a really awkward way to go about cutting the price in half.
Yes, it does seem awkward, but that is the way it is done.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
My card renewed in January. Paid the $450 and got a statement credit after. It works!
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
I wish they would do something again this year. My renewal is in May (possibly early June) I think, so I have already gotten the one time partial refund. I don't feel I will get my money's worth out of it again this year without some sort of reduction. My time in AC's has been way down and the service has been reduced. I know they aren't all open yet either. I haven't looked at too many places, but I know for sure STL was closed the two times I have flown in and out of there this year.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
All the clubs pretty much offer all the same crap (except AMEX) so they all are offering cheap carb crap with covid as a disguise for cost savings. I don't care about giving us a credit as much as I would like them to reinstate all travel insurance benefits they yanked a year ago.
onanisland likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I ended up canceling my card last May as I missed the cut off for the credit, so I would have paid the full $450 last year and would have only have gotten the credit upon renewing again this May. As it turned out, last year I visited an AC exactly once. LAX in Nov during the height of no service and gained access as I was in J when flying back to the UK and as a OWS.

No travel this year so far, so no need for the card. I have another trip planned to the UK in June, so just waiting to see if I go out through SAN, or LAX. I’m not expecting much at either club.
hbtr likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by enviroian
All the clubs pretty much offer all the same crap (except AMEX) so they all are offering cheap carb crap with covid as a disguise for cost savings. I don't care about giving us a credit as much as I would like them to reinstate all travel insurance benefits they yanked a year ago.
Yanking travel insurance benefits seems to be the newest ploy of credit cards.

My Fidelity Visa card (Elan) just dumped their insurance program and tried to hide it by adding some worthless benefit.

But I agree with you that returning the travel insurance would make this card more than just a discounted AA club admissions card.
enviroian and LovePrunes like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
The second ORD gets a viable PP lounge or Centurion Lounge (not holding my breath), this card is getting product changed ASAP. Although I'll take less milage multipliers in exchange for the UA version of this card that's $75 more a year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.