Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA “crammed the only 11 passengers on a flight into 3 rows”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA “crammed the only 11 passengers on a flight into 3 rows”

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Yes, if you buy a BASIC you do not get a seating choice.
Too right. Basic Economy does not include Biosecurity benefits. You can't use the clean restroom either.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Too right. Basic Economy does not include Biosecurity benefits. You can't use the clean restroom either.
That was the first day of the seating policy change. It takes a while to program such things into the seating algorithm for BASIC
This had nothing to do with anything else other what had been policy before that day, regarding BASIC seating
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
No. Buying basic economy tells the computer if you didn't pay for a seat to give you the next available seat when you check in following the algorithm: assign seats back-to-front middle-window-aisle. I've exploited it many times to get a MCE seat on a BE fare by delaying my check in until only MCE was left. It's unrealistic to ask someone to reprogram this system for what will likely be a small amount of case. Nor is it realistic to expect the seat maps to be updated to auto block seats the same day the policy was announced, which it was in this case. This is something that can (and is) easily corrected by manual intervention when it occurs, and is a questionable use of their developers time for what will be only a temporary measure, especially when it can already be resolved with easy manual interventions.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.