Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Leg Canceled Second Not

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:37 am
Original Poster

First Leg Canceled Second Not

My SO is in China. She had a flight booked with AA and is traveling Monday.
JAL 828 DLC-NRT
AA 60 NRT-DFW
JAL canceled their flight and no other DLC-NRT options.
Will AA issue a full refund?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I don't know the answer, but am interested in other's replies as I have a friend with BA flights and BA flight numbers (not codeshares) in May that was purchased through AA and am curious what happens if they are cancelled or changed. With all AA flights you would be entitled to a refund, and I'm guessing that would be the case for an itinerary booked through AA that had a cancelled flights or significant changes to non-AA flights that are part of that itinerary. But that's a guess so would welcome info from someone with better knowledge and/or actual experience. While I fly lots of CIrPac and RTW tickets that include multiple airlines, the T&C of those tickets are detailed with regard to cancellation and change fees, or lack thereof, which is quite nice as they are fairly flexible; but undoubtedly much different fare rules than a one way or RT multi-carrier ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes, AA will issue a refund. She may try doing this online, but will likely have to call in.

Before cancelling, does she still wish to travel? If so, she should do the research on alternatives and have those in hand in the (increasingly unlikely) possibility that AA will rebook.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Thanks.
The cancelation was fortuitous; no re-booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.