Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA PHL-based FA dies (Coronavirus / COVID-19); others infected

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA PHL-based FA dies (Coronavirus / COVID-19); others infected

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:32 pm

My condolences to FA family and friends.

Airlines should adopt new safety requirements or shut down completely. All flight attendants must be required to wear masks (provided by the airline) for their own protection and for safety of the passengers too.

If no masks, do not fly. I think passengers should also be required to wear masks or be seated 2+ meters away from each other or both.

I flew ZRH-BKK-HKT last week on Swiss and Thai. The difference between Swiss and Thai was shocking. On Swiss flight attendants did not wear masks, nether did airport stuff in ZRH and overall attitude was relaxed as if there was no pandemic. Number of people on the plane were coughing and were still allowed to fly.

A shocking difference in BKK and Thai Airways flight BKK-HKT:
  • My temperature was checked on arrival to BKK and upon boarding BKK-HKT and rechecked again in HKT.
  • All Thai flight attendants and everyone working in the airport was wearing masks.
  • Every airport worker from immigration to money exchange had personal hand sanitizer which they used before and after interacting with me.
  • Upon boarding BKK-HKT I was offered hand sanitizer, then again before snack.
  • Seat assignments were closed and people were reseated with distance from each other where possible.

Kudos to Thai and <redacted my moderator> Swiss and other airlines and countries that disregard basic safety measures and put employees at risk.
FAA1996 likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 28, 2020 at 6:39 am Reason: Redacted by moderator
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:13 am
Suspended

I didn’t know Paul well but this is very sad news indeed. Based on nothing but casual observation, I would expect that he also had other health conditions which may have also contributed.

RIP.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by catcher1
Lottery tickets don't place us at risk of death from Covid19.
I guess you don't have very good reading comprehension. It's about people at risk out in public for trivial reasons. I assume a lottery ticket is not like food and water.

People can't sequester themselves forever. I say it again if anyone feels at high risk their employer should not force them to work and they the best they can should self isolate. But even at that there are no guarantees in life. Should we not drive because of possible drunk drivers on the road?
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
I guess you don't have very good reading comprehension. It's about people at risk out in public for trivial reasons. I assume a lottery ticket is not like food and water.
My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you. Publix is a supermarket. Unlike you, I wouldn't assume these old, frail folks went there just to buy a lottery ticket. Old, frail folks have to eat too.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Okay, friends. Speculation and discussion about why people are in markets, etc. is now officially off topic. /Moderator

On the topic, ~100 AA Flight Attendants have tested COVID-19 positive, according to this Dallas News article.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...19-union-says/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.