Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:02 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
They are. They still have that spiel about "fill it out and leave it with us when you disembark and we will securely mail them out when we return back to XXX this evening". The best part about all of this is on my last flight two weeks ago, they even were saying over the PA how they have extra pens available if you need one...are they running to the galley and sanitizing them after every use?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I have some flights on Friday I'll be able to comment about F&B on board. I will ask the flight attendant why no PDB's. If he/she says because of safety I am SO intrigued to ask why then can you hand out credit card applications? I want to SO bad to see their reaction but I know that's not a good way to start a flight.

I'm flying dfw-mia in F on a dinosaur 321 then to the other end of the spectrum (well equipment wise) on a 77W to LHR in J. I am still planning on getting my hudson news nuts and asking a flight attendant if she will heat my nuts up for me. Yes indeed.
CLT likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
As soon as the movie was over people would line up and go through the gallows to make sandwiches.
Truly a sandwich to die for!
RJ1 and Marno like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Have you ever been on a plane where nearly everyone fills out a CC application?
I have not.
But, I have been on a plane where nearly everyone partakes of the food and beverage service for which you do not have to wear a mask.
You are simplifying the situation to the point of absurdity then calling them to task for it.

FACE FACTS:
1) very few people ask for a CC application
2) Even is they do they keep their mask on.
3) If food and drink is offered most will partake and take off their mask to do so.

No comparison. Your argument is specious at best and absurd at the least.
Well, if that's the case then I'll start asking for CC apps and take my mask off to fill them out. Maybe that way that 'service' can end also.
hurnik, ExpatExp and AAdamE like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
******* Best comeback of the day LOL!!!
AAdamE likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
Well, if that's the case then I'll start asking for CC apps and take my mask off to fill them out. Maybe that way that 'service' can end also.
The service definitely will end, at least for you. You will probably be banned for insisting on mask off for filling out a CC application.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
8/8 DFW- DCA. 7am flight. PDB offered, cheese and fruit box offered.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by grapkoski
When I resumed travel to TPA, the non-stop was Republic this is exactly what happened. I inquired to my friend who is an FA there and he showed me an internal directive that there is no service on any Republic flight no matter the cabin. The lack of consistency is so silly for something so simple.
there have been so many mixed reports of Republic FAs on AA. Has anyone tried showing them the AA page saying flight sold as AA and that means AA standards? Have people been denied drinks or were they just not proactively offered on Republic dba AA flights? I have some coming up and paid for F. If it’s the same as Y service, I’m going to be annoyed. (Buyup was 30$ more). I wonder if that memo was old because some people on here are reporting beverage service in F on Republic.

are Republic aircraft even being catered? Maybe that’s where we should start. Anyone know?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Republic is definitely being catered....my FA on Republic dba AA E175 did no service in FC (I didn’t bother asking as it was a short flight) but helped himself to a cranapple with ice and plopped down in 1F and I could hear the wine bottles clanking against each other in the beverage cart as we were taxiing around on the ground from 1A.
CLT likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
there have been so many mixed reports of Republic FAs on AA. Has anyone tried showing them the AA page saying flight sold as AA and that means AA standards? Have people been denied drinks or were they just not proactively offered on Republic dba AA flights? I have some coming up and paid for F. If it’s the same as Y service, I’m going to be annoyed. (Buyup was 30$ more). I wonder if that memo was old because some people on here are reporting beverage service in F on Republic.

are Republic aircraft even being catered? Maybe that’s where we should start. Anyone know?
We flew on two Republic operated AA flights last week. Time frames were terrible (5am on one and 8:30pm on the other). Nothing proactive on either with the announcement of no service.
On the early morning flight, the FA disappeared quickly and none of us rang the call button (I thought about it but at that time of morning it was no big deal to me. If she had walked by I might have asked but she never did).
On the later evening flight, flight attendant was up front and walked by a few times but was not proactive. (as expected by AA policy) On the other hand, she had no problem bringing drinks to a couple of people in F who requested a drink as she walked by and even brought a second later in the flight. Given that the later evening flights are pretty minimal service anyway, I didnt think it was too bad
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Is the Cheese and Fruit Plate a standard in F now on flights longer than 900 miles? Got it today on MIA/DFW but didn't get it last week on MIA/DCA (little over 900 miles. It's a nice addition and for me will suffice over the standard AA domestic non transcon meal (other than the warm nuts). FA reluctantly provide "a" drink service on demand.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I've had it consistently on "refreshment" designated flights (mainline) for the last couple of weeks
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Is the Cheese and Fruit Plate a standard in F now on flights longer than 9000 miles
Yes . I corrected the mileage threshold though.

AAdamE likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aj411
We flew on two Republic operated AA flights last week. Time frames were terrible (5am on one and 8:30pm on the other). Nothing proactive on either with the announcement of no service.
On the early morning flight, the FA disappeared quickly and none of us rang the call button (I thought about it but at that time of morning it was no big deal to me. If she had walked by I might have asked but she never did).
On the later evening flight, flight attendant was up front and walked by a few times but was not proactive. (as expected by AA policy) On the other hand, she had no problem bringing drinks to a couple of people in F who requested a drink as she walked by and even brought a second later in the flight. Given that the later evening flights are pretty minimal service anyway, I didnt think it was too bad
On all four Envoy 175 flights I recently took, FAs were proactive in F. Just strange that Republic is choosing the opposite. I plan to request and show them the screen where AA says F does get service no matter what the operating carrier (there is no distinction on aa.com).
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I was on a couple of Republic E175 United flights (CLT-ORD-DCA) and the flight attendants did full beverage service in F and non-alcoholic beverages in Y. Seems maybe it's just AA that doesn't care what Republic does with regard to inflight service.
Yep - I should have clarified the directive included service standard from all airlines (in a cheat sheet format) and AA was the only one that had NO service.
chrisny2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.