Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
If FAs can now write up pax for not wearing a mask potentially banning them, pax should be able to write up FAs for not doing their job (which includes drinks in F). Period.
The easy way around this is to just say either:

A) I have a medical condition
B) open a bag of M&Ms and snack on them one at a time for the flight

No need to start a whole big altercation or anything. At least IMO.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
The easy way around this is to just say either:

A) I have a medical condition
B) open a bag of M&Ms and snack on them one at a time for the flight

No need to start a whole big altercation or anything. At least IMO.
Oh, I wasn't arguing the merits of wearing/not wearing a mask...simply pointing out that FAs should not have the upper hand on the consumers paying their salary. No one should have any upper hand really, but if theyre going to punish pax for not following rules, then pax should punish FAs who have LONG not followed the rules (ahem PDBs!?)
af fp and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I wasn't arguing the merits of wearing/not wearing a mask...simply pointing out that FAs should not have the upper hand on the consumers paying their salary. No one should have any upper hand really, but if theyre going to punish pax for not following rules, then pax should punish FAs who have LONG not followed the rules (ahem PDBs!?)
100% agree.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Are MIA/LAX flights offering Casper bedding?

Has anyone flown business between MIA/LAX the past couple of weeks? I’m considering booking this route in early July and wondered if the Casper bedding and amenity kits are still being provided on this route.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SS_Flyer
Has anyone flown business between MIA/LAX the past couple of weeks? I’m considering booking this route in early July and wondered if the Casper bedding and amenity kits are still being provided on this route.
I just flew MIA-LAX and there was no bedding provided or pillows In FC (all FC and Business were the same cabin)....menus yes. NYC-LAX-NYC still have full bedding

<redacted>
cmd320 and SS_Flyer like this.

Last edited by Microwave; Jun 19, 2020 at 12:10 am Reason: Discussing moderation is not permitted
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
<redacted>

Mix of all US premium cabin travelers....short, medium and premium transcons on AA.

Amazing FC service too from AA flight crews.

SkyTeam777, AAway, wrp96 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Microwave; Jun 19, 2020 at 12:12 am
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I just flew MIA-LAX and there was no bedding provided or pillows In FC (all FC and Business were the same cabin)....menus yes. NYC-LAX-NYC still have full bedding

<redacted>
Thanks. I hope they bring back bedding in July on this route. At least the flagship menu/food is still being offered.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I hope they bring back bedding in July on this route. At least the flagship menu/food is still being offered.
BYOB (Bring your own bedding)
jcatman and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Are pre-order options still showing up online for flights with meal service? We have an upcoming JFK-LAX in J within the pre-order window, but no options appear online.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Are pre-order options still showing up online for flights with meal service? We have an upcoming JFK-LAX in J within the pre-order window, but no options appear online.
They are there. I just checked my flight on 7/16 to LHR:

Dinner meals

• Herb Roasted Chicken Breast,sweet potato mash, green beans, pomodoro sauce
  • Herb Grilled Beef Filet, twice baked potato, bordelaise sauce, wilted spinach, roasted squash
  • Butternut Squash Carbonara, swiss chard, butternut sauce, cremini
  • Miso Saba Roasted Sea, toasted sesame, Yukon Gold mashed potato, Shimeji mushrooms, savoy cabbage, baby carrots
AAEmpireState likes this.

Last edited by enviroian; Jun 19, 2020 at 9:01 am
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Apparently pre-order only remains for international. Just got this response from AA:

Hi there. We're temporarily discontinued the pre-ordering of meals on domestic flights, which is why the options didn't come up for you. Breakfast will be served on one tray instead of by courses. Thanks for your understanding and we'll see you soon.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:52 am
Suspended

No preorder for domestic meals currently and trust me I’ve been on a lot of domestic meal flights recently and was looking.

Enjoy the flight! The AA crews have been nothing but fantastic and they’re so happy to have us back and being able to provide a somewhat normal service
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:57 am
Suspended

I think my flight was an error.....I asked the FA about it and she was puzzled why there wasn’t anything either.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
No preorder for domestic meals currently and trust me I’ve been on a lot of domestic meal flights recently and was looking.

Enjoy the flight! The AA crews have been nothing but fantastic and they’re so happy to have us back and being able to provide a somewhat normal service
It sounds like the Eagle crews are not being as welcoming and interested in providing FC service.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:37 pm
Suspended

It sounds like the Eagle crews are not being as welcoming and interested in providing FC service.
Thats what it seems like IME

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.