Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 23, 20, 5:51 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
Wiki Link
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 7, 21, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by roadtriper View Post
The Bright yellow "Protein" Label on the sandwich is very classy!
This airline has sunk to new lows. Unbelievable.

Looks like something served to inmates.
vasantn, corky, jmrp and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 21, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by roadtriper View Post
The Bright yellow "Protein" Label on the sandwich is very classy!
Very good marketing indeed! Makes you think you're getting a well balanced meal .

Just as a side note, here in TX, Whataburger (a state institution) wraps any items containing cheese with a yellow wrapper. Now, that is classy!
Old Sep 7, 21, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Very good marketing indeed! Makes you think you're getting a well balanced meal .

Just as a side note, here in TX, Whataburger (a state institution) wraps any items containing cheese with a yellow wrapper. Now, that is classy!
Ha! Too funny.

We will be back in F tomorrow around lunch time heading home on SJD-DFW. Ill pass along a picture of whatever we end up getting, if anything.

I definitely wasnt going for the vegetarian option coming down here. That is never my style.

On a side note, the stewardess on the flight down was very good. Served us, took care of us and wasnt a mask nazi. It was a very enjoyable flight. We got to enjoy some somewhat edible food and drinks, making the time fly by. I wish I had her name because I would write ✍️ a nice compliment on her behalf to AA when I get back.
Old Sep 7, 21, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
This airline has sunk to new lows. Unbelievable.

Looks like something served to inmates.
Except inmates get hot food and AA isn't even providing hot options on long flights such as DFW ANC
enviroian and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Sep 7, 21, 4:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelForum View Post
Ha! Too funny.

We will be back in F tomorrow around lunch time heading home on SJD-DFW. I’ll pass along a picture of whatever we end up getting, if anything.

I definitely wasn’t going for the vegetarian option coming down here. That is never my style.

On a side note, the stewardess on the flight down was very good. Served us, took care of us and wasn’t a mask nazi. It was a very enjoyable flight. We got to enjoy some somewhat edible food and drinks, making the time fly by. I wish I had her name because I would write ✍️ a nice compliment on her behalf to AA when I get back.
You don’t need a name to submit to send a compliment. Just include the flight number, route, date, time, position worked, and a brief description. The Cabin Crew will get the message.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 7, 21, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HNL View Post
You dont need a name to submit to send a compliment. Just include the flight number, route, date, time, position worked, and a brief description. The Cabin Crew will get the message.
Thank you. I will do that when I get home.
Old Sep 7, 21, 6:37 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
You dont need a name to submit to send a compliment. Just include the flight number, route, date, time, position worked, and a brief description. The Cabin Crew will get the message.
Thank you. I will do that when I get home.
According to a couple FA's that I've talked to about this, the best way is via https://www.aa.com/contact/forms?topic=#/.
Old Sep 7, 21, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
On a side note, the stewardess on the flight down was very good. Served us, took care of us and wasnt a mask nazi. It was a very enjoyable flight. We got to enjoy some somewhat edible food and drinks, making the time fly by. I wish I had her name because I would write ✍️ a nice compliment on her behalf to AA when I get back.
Just make sure your compliment doesn't mention her not strictly enforcing the mask requirements.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 7, 21, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Just make sure your compliment doesn't mention her not strictly enforcing the mask requirements.
And don't refer to her as the "stewardess". That's so last-century!
Old Sep 8, 21, 6:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by S80 View Post
According to a couple FA's that I've talked to about this, the best way is via https://www.aa.com/contact/forms?topic=#/.
Thank you for the link. I will use it when I get home tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Old Sep 8, 21, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
I just got a pre-departure water (PDW?) departing PHL.

(Of course this was after being deplaned at A9 and having to hoof it over to B14, because of engine trouble.)
Old Sep 8, 21, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beachfun71 View Post
I just got a pre-departure water (PDW?) departing PHL.

(Of course this was after being deplaned at A9 and having to hoof it over to B14, because of engine trouble.)
One of my flights back in July we didn't get pre-departure drinks but we got a pre-departure snack basket (PDSB?)
Old Sep 9, 21, 8:22 am
Suspended

Here we go from yesterday on AA 1304. Of course, between this, the nuts they passed out and filling my mug, I nursed this meal for 2 hours until we got home in the name of 'eating'. Not great food, but hey, at least they tried provided something, right?

SJD-DFW in F around lunch time on September 8th, 2021.
Carfield and apeortdz like this.

Last edited by TravelForum; Sep 9, 21 at 8:27 am
Old Sep 9, 21, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
And don't refer to her as the "stewardess". That's so last-century!
I will refer to her as a Stewardess. That's what she is, last century or not. You may call her whatever you'd like, just as I will. Thanks.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 9, 21, 8:26 am
Suspended

Double Post - Please Delete this one. Thanks.

Search this Thread