Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
8/20

EYW-CLT a319 seat 2F: Drinks and PM snack basket. Miscatered 7am flight.
CLT-IAH Kodiak 738 seat 2A: Drinks and either turkey and mustard aioli sandwich or vegetarian. Chose vegetarian and it was quite good. Mozzarella, sundried tomato, spinach, and an unidentifiable spread. Not bad at all for a flight just under 2 hours.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by enviroian
dude what the hell is that on your laptop screen? Dungeons and Dragons?
Looks like the iPad version of Civ VI.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by IggySD
Looks like the iPad version of Civ VI.
Yup, the iPad version of Civ 6. I was alls eat up to play XBox Gamepass, but the wifi was not set up to handle that.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I'm not a gamer so Civ 6 might as well be Latin to me.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
8/21

IAH-DFW Kodiak 738 seat 4A: Drinks and breakfast bar.
DFW-BHM PSA CRJ9 seat 2F: Drink service and snack basket with proactive refills. Weird seeing PSA in DFW. Also weird cups.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
AA 4539 DCA-BHM (Republic) - One round of service in FC before announcement that crew must be seated for the duration of the flight because of turbulence. Instead of being seated, the lead FA disappeared behind the curtain for the remaining hour of the flight. Most pathetic crew I've seen in a good while.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
Friday August 20:
STL-DCA (PSA CRJ-700, 2A): No PDB, PM snack basket. Proactive service from FAs. Got kettle chips and Coke.
Sunday August 22:
DCA-STL (PSA CRJ-700, 2F): No PDB, AM snack basket. Again, proactive and friendly service from FAs. Got brownie brittle and OJ.

Nice flights, both of them.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:14 pm

8/22
BHM-CLT PSA crj9 seat 3A: drinks and PM snack basket. Did DFW run out of cups? Same weird ones from yesterday.

CLT-EYW A319 seat 2a: Drinks and snack mix. I guess catering forgot to load snack basket.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
8/20 AA 4943 RDU-LGA EMB-175 (Coach): Soft drinks and pretzels. I could see F and they got fig bars and pretzels.
8/22 AA 1383 LGA-DCA A-319 (First): No service due to weather
8/22 AA 4879 DCA-RDU EMB-175 (First): Drinks and pretzels
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
8/23 AA1384 LAX-ORD, A321S

Got the "turkey" pretzel-roll sandwich and it was truly disgusting, probably the farthest product from turkey that I've had on AA (or any airline) during all of covid. It honestly looked like Oscar Meyer or worse round sliced lunch meat, closer to bologna (aka junk I never voluntarily buy or eat). Definitely should have gone with the vegetarian option ("cheese sandwich," the FA said). The side salads were not great either -- wilted lettuce, and the potato-dill salad (I'm assuming it was potato?) was super crunchy and swimming in mayo-esque stuff.

On the plus side, views of the Grand Staircase / Escalante, Lake Powell, and the Bears Ears region are absolutely primo today, so I took pictures out the window instead of eating the garbage tray:

The Grand Staircase

The Escalante River, looking towards Stevens Arch

Lake Powell, with the Bullfrog, Utah marina visible on the left

Bears' Ears region (roughly between Fry Canyon and Blanding, Utah)
dpb132, sushanna1, wrp96 and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by keyw
8/22
BHM-CLT PSA crj9 seat 3A: drinks and PM snack basket. Did DFW run out of cups? Same weird ones from yesterday.

CLT-EYW A319 seat 2a: Drinks and snack mix. I guess catering forgot to load snack basket.
I got the same cups on my STL-DCA PSA flights this past weekend.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
ASE-PHX CR7 - Skywest - Same cups as pictured upthread. Maybe a bit classier/sturdier, if not a bit smaller. Service started with Biscoff packages and followed by the PM snack basket
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I got the following meal on LAX-DFW on a 777 that departed at 1:40 p.m. I chose the vegetarian option and got a pimento cheese sandwich. The pimento cheese was okay, but it would have been nice to have had more. I didn't really care for the bread, so I just scraped the pimento cheese and ate it with the arugula they placed on the sandwich. I will add in a disclaimer that I really do like pimento cheese. The dill potato salad had a nice flavor, but the potatoes were undercooked and crunchy. Also, there was just a couple of bites of potato salad on a large bed of arugula. The salad was quite fresh, and the parmesan cheese was nice. However, it was 50% of, you guessed it, arugula. The fruit was excellent. It was very fresh and tasty. I was full and did not eat the dessert bar, although it was soft under the wrapper and looked good. There must have been a fire sale on arugula at some point. They should have renamed this presentation "arugula three ways."
jmrp, LCSinTexas and simonsuo like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Anyone know in F on CLT-RDU and reverse if there's time for a quick drink or do FA's play the "too short for service" game?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
Anyone know in F on CLT-RDU and reverse if there's time for a quick drink or do FA's play the "too short for service" game?
As with everything AA, it depends on the crew.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.