Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
well at least that fruit looks fresh.

I'm flying to IAH today in F. Should I see the resurgence of the snack basket offered?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
What is the time cutoff between breakfast and lunch/dinner on domestic flights with fresh bites?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
What is the time cutoff between breakfast and lunch/dinner on domestic flights with fresh bites?
Not sure if it's published anywhere, but I *think* the cutoff is 09:45am for breakfast Fresh Bites.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Not sure if it's published anywhere, but I *think* the cutoff is 09:45am for breakfast Fresh Bites.

-FlyerBeek
Gotcha thanks! So my DCA-DFW 0925 departure will still be brekkies...
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by keyw
I agree, seems pretty close to the cereal offering on flights pre covid. Just missing yogurt and fresh breads.
That is exactly what morning flights received pre-Covid from stations without catering kitchens. It was flown in the night before and shelf stable. If that's returning, that's great news. While sad that that is what is offered, it is a return to normalcy!
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
This is the standard “shelf-stable” plated breakfast from a non catered RON (remain overnight) flight. A good sign for plated meals easing back onto other flights!

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
chrisny2 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Well I'm totally confused because my flight last night at 5:22PM didn't have a meal anything like this picture.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
DFW-IAH F. Just drink service.

the man next to me was traveling to a meeting in Houston. He is 97 and was wearing his WWII uniform. He was in the battle of the bulge (!!).

ETA I know it’s off topic but this man was 100% fully lucid and gives motivational speeches around the country.
he jumped out of C47’s.
the woman next to me in 3D got up when he saw him and said sit. You can have my seat and went back to Y.
the man sitting in 3C chatted with him the entire way also. He insisted he drive him to the Hyatt rather than take a taxi.
completely amazing behavior by these people.
thumbs up all around.
corky, platbrownguy, RJ1 and 14 others like this.

Last edited by enviroian; Aug 11, 2021 at 6:48 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Gotcha thanks! So my DCA-DFW 0925 departure will still be brekkies...
Yup, 0925 will definitely be the breakfast box. Even pre-COVID the meal cutoff time was 0930.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Will I get anything on DCA-OKC leaving at 8:05 PM ona PSA CR9?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
I fly SEA-ORD tomorrow departing at 10:01am in J. Looking at the thread and the wikis, it appears I may get a small bites tray with shelf stable snacks (not breakfast). Am I getting that about right? Anyone seen what a daytime snack bite tray for shelf stable looks like?

I scrolled through the last page or two, but sorry if I missed it.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Will I get anything on DCA-OKC leaving at 8:05 PM ona PSA CR9?
Snack basket and drink service if in F.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
I fly SEA-ORD tomorrow departing at 10:01am in J. Looking at the thread and the wikis, it appears I may get a small bites tray with shelf stable snacks (not breakfast). Am I getting that about right? Anyone seen what a daytime snack bite tray for shelf stable looks like?

I scrolled through the last page or two, but sorry if I missed it.
I'm pretty sure SEA has catering facilities so it should be whatever the "fresh" option is.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
DFW-IAH F. Just drink service.

the man next to me was traveling to a meeting in Houston. He is 97 and was wearing his WWII uniform. He was in the battle of the bulge (!!).

ETA I know it’s off topic but this man was 100% fully lucid and gives motivational speeches around the country.
he jumped out of C47’s.
the woman next to me in 3D got up when he saw him and said sit. You can have my seat and went back to Y.
the man sitting in 3C chatted with him the entire way also. He insisted he drive him to the Hyatt rather than take a taxi.
completely amazing behavior by these people.
thumbs up all around.
What a wonderful treat. It's unfortunate many people from that era have passed on, we have to treasure the ones still with us.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
PHL-SAN 630 PM departure in F. Should I make sure to eat before we leave, or will the meal be a glorified snack?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.