Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I had a really wonderful flight attendant on a skywest flight from O'Hare to OKC about a month ago. We were in first class, and she told all of us that she really wanted to give us a drink before take off; however, she didn't want to get in trouble. She said that she was going to take very good care of us during the flight and said that she was fully stocked with all kinds of drinks and alcohol. And she did. I had two doubles and a beer and had to decline the fourth round because I had to drive whenever I got home. Not surprisingly, she was chicago-based. I find that the best skywest crews are based out of chicago. The worst ones are generally based out of DFW or LAX, although occasionally there are exceptions. Phoenix is a mixed bag with some really good ones mixed in. But, I have always had consistently amazing crews on skywest that were based in chicago. That, and the bizarro world fact that O'Hare might be the smoothest running hub in the system now, is why I try to go through Chicago as much as possible these days.

Originally Posted by Herb687
Return? They were pretty spotty for years before anyone had even heard the term "Covid-19"
wrp96, DC9 and physicsdude like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by enviroian
I just want to say....I really do...when they come around handing out the aviator applications...."excuse me, miss, is that safe to distribute with covid"?

God that would make my day. LOL
You need to do this and provide video for all our enjoyment.
corky, enviroian, cmd320 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: AA
Well another flight crew that didn’t get the memo.

transferred in CLT: CLT - LAX 2A. deja vu all over again. Tired old turkey sandwich or cheesy cheese plate choices. No snack tray. Did come by for multiple drink orders if desired (I prefer to have a decent meal when rushing to make connections ). Made mistake of dropping by Admirals Club and the slop there was inedible (even the choc chip cookie tasted like wax). Not an AA fan right now to say the least.
DC9 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by keyw
No. Alcohol is only available in first.
Any experiences in the prem econ section of the domestic 777s? By the rules I assume no, but just wondering.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by shrididdy
Any experiences in the prem econ section of the domestic 777s? By the rules I assume no, but just wondering.
Coach service. No BOB or booze. Exception would be Hawaii but I think still no booze.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
i just want to say....i really do...when they come around handing out the aviator applications...."excuse me, miss, is that safe to distribute with covid"?

God that would make my day. Lol
b r i l l i a n t !
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Will report back next week. Have a MIA-DFW segment and my upgrade isn't looking likely.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Will report back next week. Have a MIA-DFW segment and my upgrade isn't looking likely.
I'm pretty sure MIA DFW doesn't have actual PE class tickets for sale although the physical seats are available as MCE.. which currently also means no alcoholic drinks being served.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm pretty sure MIA DFW doesn't have actual PE class tickets for sale although the physical seats are available as MCE.. which currently also means no alcoholic drinks being served.
That is correct. But he said the PE section on domestic 777s so i am assuming he means domestic routes like MIA-DFW.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:37 pm

That is correct. But he said the PE section on domestic 777s so i am assuming he means domestic routes like MIA-DFW.
Yeah, by the book this is regular old MCE-Y so no service currently. But since it's a 3-class plane with a somewhat exclusive cabin made up of what I imagine are largely status holders, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something different from FAs. Not expecting it though.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:45 pm

Yeah, by the book this is regular old MCE-Y so no service currently. But since it's a 3-class plane with a somewhat exclusive cabin made up of what I imagine are largely status holders, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something different from FAs. Not expecting it though.
Drink service on flights over 250mi is the standard for Y now.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:08 pm

Drink service on flights over 250mi is the standard for Y now.
The context of shrididdy's question was alcohol service.
cmd320 and keyw like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
No booze whatsoever in coach, including PE and PE sold as MCE. I seriously doubt you'd find a FA that will make an exception but I guess one could ask.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:55 am

I have not seen drink service in coach for booze. They can't make an exception as every elite flyer and person in mce will want a drink. It's all or nothing.

I would think since there is still a mask mandate they want to reduce drinks to keep masks and tensions down but once that's over which is pretty soon they really should return to buy on board and free in mce drinks. No excuse once the mask mandate is over if they don't return to drinks and normal food service. I'm afraid aa is gonna try to be cheap but really once the mask mandate is over no excuses Imho you can't blame covid for everything
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:19 am

Is there booze in TATL PE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.