Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAPremierGuy
As of 9/21:

Flights under 900 miles
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only
  • No snacks, alcohol or food available in the Main Cabin
  • Alcohol available in First by request only
Flights between 900 and 2,199 miles / up to 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • No snacks, alcohol or food for purchase
  • Water, canned drinks and juice by request only

In First:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.*
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and bottled water during boarding*
  • Drinks, including alcohol, by request only
  • No drinks served before departure
*Not available on American Eagle flights.

Flights over 2,200 miles* / over 4.5 hours

In the Main Cabin – includes Premium Economy and Main Cabin Extra

• Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • No snacks or food for purchase
  • No alcohol or meals except on long-haul international flights

In First and Business:

• Complimentary fresh snacks on flights departing between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
  • Complimentary pretzels or Biscoff cookies and water, canned drinks or juice during the flight
  • Meals served on one tray, not in courses**
  • No drinks served before departure
  • Alcohol will be available
*Includes transcontinental and Hawaii.

**Some domestic and short-haul international flights will include a fruit and cheese plate instead of tray meal service and will also have snack basket service before landing.

cmd320 notation (unofficial): the 2,200mi + section for F and J is a bit misleading. Domestic flights within the continental US other than premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO, MIA-LAX on 77W) do not receive a full meal and instead only see a sandwich/fruit and cheese plate.

fly747first notation (official) MIA LAX on 772 receives full meal and amenities as Flagship Business except for lounge access

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
I was in F, but I believe it's still the same offering in J as well, didn't verify.

All of the wines are in the $20-30 price point, which is more typical of F than J by AA standards anyways.

They weren't catered the rose. The Deutz was nice, as was the Luca PN. I quite like the Luca label, had some Malbecs from them and find it to have a distinct, dusty character.

I ordered the chicken which was tasty. Vegetables nice and all dente, the beet appetizer was quite decent as well with the bread.
It does appear to be an F beverage menu. Cropped from the bottom left of your uploaded image.

Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Spanish
I've not been on Delta for 2+ years, but I believe it. Tough to get a better value than "BFS" domestically...
Delta too markets a BFS. However it's a little different that Spirit's. It's Better Forget Service!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by Spanish
Tough to get a better value than "BFS" domestically...
You can really package together a really good poor mans Domestic J on NK (BFS + their Priority upsell - "The Works" [?] + ~$20 on in flight F&B), no hot meals of course, but at the price point it'll likely be significantly cheaper than any US3 comparable fare.

The trade off is, of course, that its Spirit, so the prospect of IRROPS catastrophe and the general crowd they attract hangs rather mustily in the air.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
You can really package together a really good poor mans Domestic J on NK (BFS + their Priority upsell - "The Works" [?] + ~$20 on in flight F&B), no hot meals of course, but at the price point it'll likely be significantly cheaper than any US3 comparable fare.

The trade off is, of course, that its Spirit, so the prospect of IRROPS catastrophe and the general crowd they attract hangs rather mustily in the air.
I mean, maybe not a hot ‘meal’ per se, but you can get a hot cup of ramen, which let’s face it, beats anything DL has on offer domestically and pretty much anything AA or UA have outside of premium transcons.
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
Good friend of mine flew STL-CLT-EYW today (on a 738 and E175) in Y. No service to speak of on either leg (both below 900 miles).
Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
AA 1279 CLE-MIA in J on a 738

To be fair I slept through this flight but before I went to sleep I thought I overheard the FA’s discussing that yogurt and granola was loaded for this flight. I woke up to this box below:

chrisny2 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DCA-DFW
Kodiak 738
Breakfast offering

turkey croissant has Dijon now. That plus the packet of Mayo I travel with saved the sandwich from being too dry.

some bubbles later on in the flight

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 14, 2020 at 12:04 pm
Old Dec 12, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
DCA-DFW
Kodiak 738
Breakfast offering

turkey croissant has Dijon now in the packet. That plus the packet of Mayo I travel with saved the sandwich from being too dry.

Croissant sandwich + Bloody Mary = Breakfast of Champions.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
Croissant sandwich + Bloody Mary = Breakfast of Champions.
Washed down with some bubbles.
AANYC1981 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
DCA-DFW
Kodiak 738
Breakfast offering

turkey croissant has Dijon now in the packet. That plus the packet of Mayo I travel with saved the sandwich from being too dry.

I'm doing this flight on Tuesday a.m. You inspired me, will chase the bloody with bubbles... maybe I will even bring my own condiment too!
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I'm doing this flight on Tuesday a.m. You inspired me, will chase the bloody with bubbles... maybe I will even bring my own condiment too!
Yes! The Mayo and mustard combo really helped out this croissant sammie. I travel with all sorts of condiments (hot sauce too for eggs etc) just in case.

Not in my pic was the double we were handed because the ratio of Bloody Mary mix to vodka at least requires a double
platbrownguy likes this.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 13, 2020 at 12:05 pm
Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:03 am
Suspended

Nothing too exciting here but here’s the fruit & cheese plate out of DFW

Lots of white wine refills (from a real cold bottle and not those cheap plastic things DL is passing out) from a very nice FC FA

Its crazy how the DFW-C lounge has all of the better food items but I had to be in DFW-D during breakfast and lunch and there were no eggs, no avocado toast, no guacamole, no soups etc.....isn’t DFW-D treated as the better lounge because of the more premium flights out of that terminal? You’d think all DFW lounges that are open AT LEAST would be aligned in what they offer but apparently not.

Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Nothing too exciting here but here’s the fruit & cheese plate out of DFW

Lots of white wine refills (from a real cold bottle and not those cheap plastic things DL is passing out) from a very nice FC FA

Its crazy how the DFW-C lounge has all of the better food items but I had to be in DFW-D during breakfast and lunch and there were no eggs, no avocado toast, no guacamole, no soups etc.....isn’t DFW-D treated as the better lounge because of the more premium flights out of that terminal? You’d think all DFW lounges that are open AT LEAST would be aligned in what they offer but apparently not.
<bolding mine>

If I witnessed the disparity, I'd politely ask for the General Manager at the Terminal D Lounge and show him/her some pictures of the offerings at the Terminal C Lounge and then ask "Why?"
ceebee100 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jcatman
<bolding mine>

If I witnessed the disparity, I'd politely ask for the General Manager at the Terminal D Lounge and show him/her some pictures of the offerings at the Terminal C Lounge and then ask "Why?"
You're in D. I'd be at the Centurion Lounge.
cmd320, jhalapin and DC9 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
You're in D. I'd be at the Centurion Lounge.
I would have been but I’m not really an AmEx person historically, but with the sad AA lounge offerings these days it might be worth it to dump my AC membership and finally get the Platinum Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.