Wiki Posts
Search

Flight times from Auckland to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Flight times from Auckland to LAX

Hi all, Stuck in New Zealand at present but have managed to grab some AA flights on Saturday 28th March
Still showing ok but have a question about timings as my head is a bit scrambled at the moment.

If we Leave AKL at 14:20 on the 28th, And the arrival time is 06:35, Is this still on the 28th?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Knickam
Hi all, Stuck in New Zealand at present but have managed to grab some AA flights on Saturday 28th March
Still showing ok but have a question about timings as my head is a bit scrambled at the moment.

If we Leave AKL at 14:20 on the 28th, And the arrival time is 06:35, Is this still on the 28th?
i believe so, because you cross the International Date Line and essentially gain a day.
Knickam, trooper and PUCCI GALORE like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yes you will arrive on the 28th as well.
Knickam and JDiver like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
If you can do that enough, maybe you can go back far enough in time to sound the alarm over the coronavirus!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Knickam
It's fun -- the best I've done is 43 or 44 hour days, flying TPE-HNL and NRT-HNL on overnight flights... strange to wake up, land in the morning, and have it be the same day.

For a good time, try going from APW (western Samoa) to PPG (American Samoa)... 25 minute flight, 24 hour time change!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
It's fun -- the best I've done is 43 or 44 hour days, flying TPE-HNL and NRT-HNL on overnight flights... strange to wake up, land in the morning, and have it be the same day.

For a good time, try going from APW (western Samoa) to PPG (American Samoa)... 25 minute flight, 24 hour time change!
For an even better time do SYD-AKL-APW-TBU-APW-AKL-LAX in the space of 30 hours.... the time changes will do your head in! That could not be booked online...the computer wouldn't allow it! (For a time NZ had amazing J deals APW-AKL-LAX vv so it was well worth doing)
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
strange to wake up, land in the morning, and have it be the same day.
Other flights with odd time changes are the ones like the HKG-LAX/SFO flights that leave after midnight. In that case, one takes off, flies 13-14 hours, and lands late night...the calendar day before.

And of course, most US-AU/NZ flights leave late evening and land early morning...2 calendar days later (skipping a day).
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:57 am

Which is why I have 'lost a birthday" on a couple of occasions!
fotographer and econ like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by trooper
(ex-)Mrs pandaperth had two birthdays once
First was our last day of the NZ portion of the holiday, and
Second was the first day of the Cook Islands portion of the holiday
She got two presents too!
But when I suggested we add an extra year to her age.... well I got THE look that said 'drop it'
3544quebec and trooper like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by trooper
Some of us would be most grateful to shed a few birthdays!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Years ago our family celebrated the same New Years Eve in Sydney one evening and then again the next day in Papeete, Tahiti. The International Dateline is fun!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: AA
I once enjoyed New Year's Eve in Hong Kong, then flew to SFO and did it all over again. Felt a little weird.
AAExecPlatFlier and trooper like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfront
Years ago our family celebrated the same New Years Eve in Sydney one evening and then again the next day in Papeete, Tahiti. The International Dateline is fun!
Do that every year and then when later in life your grandchildren ask you "Grandpa/ma, how old are you?" You can really screw with their minds by answering "Well, I've seen the New Year in 150 times"
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Some of us would be most grateful to shed a few birthdays!
Unfortunately Dear Lady, I have always had to accept that the OTHER 364 (or 5) days still counted! Its not like The Pirates of Penzance.....lol
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.