Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Old Sep 20, 22, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss View Post
I'm in the same situation. Deposited in February and have called several times since. They said I needed to keep waiting. Then, they said they would open an investigation. I never heard back. Called again, and they said they snail mailed me a letter (I never received), saying that I needed to fax them the offer details. Luckily I still have it. Faxed it on Friday. Will report back if I hear anything.
FINALLY got the 20,000 miles after faxing the offer info to them. Still waiting for the 25% bonus on credit card miles from the last seven months...
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by majikTib View Post
When you login to the citi app and navigate to your card linked with the savings account, do you see a section that shows whether you qualified for the promo?

I had never looked at the app. Just the website. I just looked. The section is there, but says not qualifed... Thank you ... now I have even more questions to ask.
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by rickscholz View Post
I signed up for this savings account back in February. I eventually got my bonus miles, but I'm still not getting my 25% bonus miles on my credit card.

I contacted bank customer service. They very quickly transferred me to credit card customer service... who very quickly transferred me back to the same bank customer service agent I first spoke to. Finally I got them to launch an investigation.

The response I got: "Unfortunately, we are not aware of any promotions offered in conjunction with the opening of your account. However, if you have a copy of the promotional documentation or letter you received, we may be able to assist you. If you have a copy of the promotional documentation, please fax the copies to..."

I'm glad I kept the copy of the promo (so I'm going to fax it off and see what happens). but it really shouldn't be this hard.
OK... I decided to give them another call. Wow... what a runaround. I started by calling their banking department...
Who transferred me to the credit card department...
Who transferred me back to the banking account...
Who transferred me back to the credit card department...
Who transferred me to their sales department...
Who transferred me to some other unnamed department...
Who transferred me to another rep in the same department...
Who transferred me to another rep in the same department...
Who told me I need to speak with the new account servicing department, which is closed and is only open 8 am - 5 pm Central time.
Wow. That was fun.

The problem is that their bank and credit cards are so separate, none of the reps I've spoken to can view both at the same time. The bank people say it is a credit card offer (so they can't help me), and the credit card people say it is a bank offer (so they can't help me).

I have a hunch that the end of this story will be when I cancel the credit card and savings account and go back to Barclays. I've had a card with them before, so I may not get any bonus miles for such a transaction... but at this point I don't care.

Search this Thread