Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account

Old Jun 4, 20, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA,AC,DL,F9,UA,WN
Try using this link: citi.com/earnmoremiles and see if that works.
You do have to live in an area where Citi is offering the plan. I do wonder if they're doing away with it. After they give you your bonus miles, there does not seem to be much of an advantage to keep your money there. For example, there is no on-going bonus like Bask Bank offers on their AA mileage deal.
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:17 am

Programs: Skypass/Krisflyer
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that was the problem. I actually have two homes. In one state, the offer is not available. In the other state, it is.
So I applied using my other address and yes, there was the offer. I'm just waiting for approval, which really strikes me as odd. I'm waiting for them to tell
me "Yes, we will accept your money."
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 2:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Note that it could take up to 5 months to get your bonus miles. I deposited on February 27 and have not received my bonus miles yet.

When I called Citi, the CS agent said I met the requirements (keeping funds for 60 days) but it could take an additional 90 days before the bonus miles are deposited. I can’t recall reading that fine print on the mailer!
Old Jun 6, 20, 3:18 am

Well, that does sound alarming. I'll keep an eye out for such shenanigans and let FlyerTalk know if I also have a problem.
Thanks for the warning.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 20, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA,AC,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post
Note that it could take up to 5 months to get your bonus miles. I deposited on February 27 and have not received my bonus miles yet.
When I called Citi, the CS agent said I met the requirements (keeping funds for 60 days) but it could take an additional 90 days before the bonus miles are deposited. I cant recall reading that fine print on the mailer!
Since there apparently is no incentive for us to leave the account open once we get our miles, this is probably their way to have us keep the account open awhile longer. But once the miles post, I think I'm out of there because there is no on-going bonuses.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 20, 3:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, HHonors Gold
The CS agent at Citi claimed that Citi can take up to three months following the date of completing the promotion requirements before depositing the bonus miles. The account must remain open during that time period in order to receive the miles. But all of the original amount deposited doesn't need to remain in the account during that waiting period. The account just needs to remain open with a minimal amount. My deal was $50K x 90 days = 40K miles and I fulfilled the requirements on May 24. So . . . waiting.
Old Jun 8, 20, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
For those have opened the account, please do tell us if you would receive a 1099-INT, as well as the miles-to-cash ratio.
Old Jun 9, 20, 7:32 pm

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:05 pm

I am also tempted to leave Citi, maybe even before the miles award, simply because I am not able to verify my identity on their site. Every other bank account I have verifies me through e-mail. I don't have a cell and don't want one. Why would I want people contacting me at any hour? I don't. So, I don't have a cell. I just use e-mail and Skype. But Citi won't let me verify through e-mail or Skype, and I can't get through on the phone, and there is no e-mail contact for customer support. I was able to deposit enough money, finally, by having my other bank do a wire transfer. But this problem delayed my deposit by days, and has been quite annoying. The customer service at this bank is rubbish. I'm not sure the miles are worth the trouble.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jun 25, 20, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post

When I called Citi, the CS agent said I met the requirements (keeping funds for 60 days) but it could take an additional 90 days before the bonus miles are deposited. I can’t recall reading that fine print on the mailer!
I opened my account in January and still haven't received the bonus miles. Being that I was unable to find my original documents with terms and conditions, I called Citi to ask about the details. The two agents that discussed it with me stated that my Citi Miles Ahead Savings account was not associated with any welcome/sign-up bonus miles, only a 25% bonus to miles on purchases when using my associated Citi credit card. ummm... Say what? Could that be? Technically I fulfilled the account deposit and balance requirements on April 19th, so there is still some time pending the 90 days to receive miles. The communication from the phone customer service representative is still very very concerning. Anyone else ran into this same thing?
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by PATraveler View Post
I opened my account in January and still haven't received the bonus miles. Being that I was unable to find my original documents with terms and conditions, I called Citi to ask about the details. The two agents that discussed it with me stated that my Citi Miles Ahead Savings account was not associated with any welcome/sign-up bonus miles, only a 25% bonus to miles on purchases when using my associated Citi credit card. ummm... Say what? Could that be? Technically I fulfilled the account deposit and balance requirements on April 19th, so there is still some time pending the 90 days to receive miles. The communication from the phone customer service representative is still very very concerning. Anyone else ran into this same thing?
The agent I spoke with confirmed that I did indeed sign up for the bonus and fulfilled the requirements, but like I said earlier, it can take up to 90 days to get the miles. So basically it's 6 months from opening till you get the miles.

Last edited by ceebee100; Jun 25, 20 at 9:25 am
Old Jul 8, 20, 12:19 pm

I fulfilled the requirement in may. No miles showed up so I called them. The representative said it will take 90 days from the qualifying deposit. Here it is july and still no miles. I will call them again to see what they have to say.

Last edited by tvander72; Jul 8, 20 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 8, 20, 12:57 pm

I called the Miles Ahead representative and he confirmed what ceebee100 is saying. 6 months from your qualifying deposit. I guess I will cross my fingers and hope they don't go bankrupt before then. Because if they do file for bankruptcy the rewards will be gone.

In case anyone wants to call, here is the number to use: 1-800-321-2484 (ask for Miles Ahead acct representative)
Old Jul 10, 20, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
I deposited 50k on Feb 9th. I called them last month to say the miles hadnt been credited , they told me they would be credited on July 9th. Nothing credited today . I will call again and update you.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jul 10, 20, 8:55 am

I’m giving them until the end of July to see if they deposit the miles. This is ridiculous though!

Search this Thread