FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Long call wait / delay / hold times for AA phone lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2013180-archive-long-call-wait-delay-hold-times-aa-phone-lines.html)

dclocation Feb 10, 2015 11:17 pm

ARCHIVE: Long call wait / delay / hold times for AA phone lines

I found that the hold time for EXP desk is getting insanely long recently. Anybody experienced the same? Last week, I made two calls and was told the wait time was 45min - 1 hour. I am making a call now and I have been waiting for 15 min already. It's 12:15am CST - so it means nobody is at work?

I value the EXP Desk service to be one of the most important perks for EXP. Very disappointed with the recent experience with the EXP Desk...

This is the archive thread of “Long call wait / delay / hold times for AA phone lines (master thread). For the current thread see

Long call wait / delay / hold times for AA phone lines (master thread)

FightOnFlyer Feb 11, 2015 12:00 am

I understand there's weather, but this late at night there shouldn't be that long of a wait.

Dr. HFH Feb 11, 2015 4:08 am

I think that this has also been addressed in another thread.

ShortDog Feb 11, 2015 4:26 am

I got a recording that the wait would be over an hour, two weeks ago, during the Chicago snow storm. I just took the option of having them call me back. Why didn't you do that?

JY1024 Feb 11, 2015 8:13 am

We've created a 2014+ consolidated thread to discuss long wait times for the AA call centers. We see these threads pop-up pretty often when there are issues such as weather, union action, natural disasters, and IT failures.

We've also created a related thread for general issues with the AA phone/voice recognition system here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks. :) /Moderator

italdesign Feb 18, 2015 7:37 am

call center wait time

Anyone else notice the wait this morning for award booking is extraordinarily long? I have no status but usually I get thru instantly in the morning. Today it says over an hour.

JJeffrey Feb 18, 2015 7:51 am

Whenever there are weather events the wait times can jump. Most likely just spillover from yesterday's cancellations on the east coast.

arlflyer Feb 18, 2015 7:54 am

Are the award booking staff dedicated or do they handle other customer service tasks as well? The whole week (well, whole winter really) has been an IRROPS nightmare, so if the folks usually aimed at award redemptions can help with that too, it probably makes sense to move some of the bandwidth in that direction.

italdesign Feb 18, 2015 8:08 am

Well, I called to book an award the morning of the first blizzard in the NE (the one where Boston got hammered but NYC overpredicted); I waited 7 minutes. Called again the following morning; got thru immediately. I don't think there's anything today that's 10x worse than that, right?

[edit] the agent during that incident did say she was volunteering to overtime to help the situation. Maybe that made the difference.

It seems more likely they're short staffed today for some reason. I believe the call center is based in Dallas. But weather there seems fine, at least for today.

AA-Flyer-SAN Feb 22, 2015 9:52 am

Two hour wait for exp line

Holy crud, that's got to be a first. Just called the EXP desk and got a "more than 2 hour wait time" to speak with an agent after an unusually long "Press your luck" (old game show) noise. Computers couldn't retrieve anything either. I'm assuming it's either the snow storm (I'm sure there's another somewhere), a computer problem, or the agents all quit.

DevilDawg1960 Feb 22, 2015 11:10 am

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN (Post 24395309)
Holy crud, that's got to be a first. Just called the EXP desk and got a "more than 2 hour wait time" to speak with an agent after an unusually long "Press your luck" (old game show) noise. Computers couldn't retrieve anything either. I'm assuming it's either the snow storm (I'm sure there's another somewhere), a computer problem, or the agents all quit.

I got the same thing. My flight from RDU is delayed and I am going to miss flight to Paris. Headed to airport to see if Admiral club angels can help.

Admirals Club was the answer - spent an hour at check in with no results - asked them to check me in for delayed flight and headed to Admirals Club where everythig was settled in less than five minutes.

rikramer Feb 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Same here. I need to contact them due to a delay / missed connection but EXP wait time is greater than 2 hours. Very bizarre.

dmsdfw Feb 22, 2015 12:19 pm

I'm assuming it's either the snow storm (I'm sure there's another somewhere), a computer problem, or the agents all quit.

There's expected to be an ice storm hitting DFW tonight. I'm sure there are a lot of people rescheduling stuff.

FightOnFlyer Feb 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Didn't have a two hour wait time, but I did experience the problems with the computers last night. Called three different times and the computer wouldn't pick up my phone number or EXP number when I dictated it. Got sent to the regular line, but fortunately was only on hold for about 3 minutes because I was calling at 12:30am.

MaineFlyer16 Feb 22, 2015 1:34 pm

I called regular aadvantage line and they won't even take calls. They just say call back later…no option to wait on hold. I tried plat line and got a 2 hour + callback time. What is going on? I have an award on hold that expires tonight that I need ticketed. I even tried calling UK desk but it said the number was out of service.