Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounge, FFD, Admirals Club Interim Closure, Hour Cutbacks (Coronavirus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This Wikipost is so we can add notices, information, experiences related to any novel Coronavirus COVID-19 related occupancy drop related lounge closures or hours reductions based on occupancy / volume / use data. Please

AIRPORT CODE . . LOCATION . . LOUNGE TYPE . . NOTES

JFK: “The Bridge” at the JFK Flagship Lounge is reported closed as of ~15 March.

LAX: T-5 Admirals Club was been reported closes Monday, 16 March.

MIA: D-15 was closed today. We don’t know if that was just for today, or for a longer time period.

Print Wikipost

Flagship Lounge, FFD, Admirals Club Interim Closure, Hour Cutbacks (Coronavirus)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation Flagship Lounge, FFD, Admirals Club Interim Closure, Hour Cutbacks (Coronavirus)

Expect some novel Coronavirus COVID-19 related occupancy drop related lounge closures or hours reductions during the massive flight reductions AA is making as international longhaul flights are cut to the bone, and even domestic, Canada and Mexico flight frequencies are reduced and flights canceled. These are based on occupancy / volume / use data, and currently plans are to look at lounges where there is essentially redundant service, e.g. LAX has the “Eagles Nest”, a Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining, and Admirals Clubs in T-4 and T-5. This is strictly for pragmatic reasons, and employees do not appear to be at risk of being made redundant.

I’ll add a Wikipost so we can add notices and our observations on this topic.

“The Bridge” at the JFK Flagship Lounge is reported closed as of ~15 March.

MIA D-15 was closed today. We don’t know if that was just for today, or for a longer time period.

LAX T-5 has been reported closed today.

Flagship First Dining could be closed in the future. As was pointed out in another venue, only four passengers qualified for FFD by DFW-LHR loads shown for Monday 16 March.

You will see some ACs closed. All closed due to volumes. The one I can thing of right of the top of my head is DFW E. The “Bridge” at JFK is also closed. MIA D15 D15 was closed today but don’t know if that was just today or ongoing. LAX T5 either will close or has closed. Right now, any closures are “duplicates” meaning members have another option.

I wouldn’t be surprise to see FFDs at MIA and DFW altered or closed until this passes. Remember, there aren’t many 4 class planes from these cities — there just isn’t the usage. As an example, DFW LHR for tomorrow has about 4 people that could possibly use FFD!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by JDiver
...there just isn’t the usage. As an example, DFW LHR for tomorrow has about 4 people that could possibly use FFD!
Plus those of us with a FFD coupon in our AA app wallet that were planning on using it.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't there already a thread on this?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ronavirus.html
enviroian likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Even when a lounge, wether FL or AC, remains open, I suspect that there will be significant reductions in service, if not how service is accomplished. This specifically includes any food service at a buffet. In other locations, local ordinances may also affect occupancy if food or alcohol is served and may also affect an operation such as FFD to operate.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Isn't there already a thread on this?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ronavirus.html
I believe that thread is about the food service. This thread is about the reduced hours and closures of the ACs, FL and FFD.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by robertablake
I believe that thread is about the food service. This thread is about the reduced hours and closures of the ACs, FL and FFD.
Which was started by a venerable AA Moderator.. (that's you, JDiver )
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'm assuming in airports that have multiple ACs, particularly in the same concourse and/or terminals, due to much smaller crowd size not all ACs will remain open. At MIA D30 is the bigger club so no shocker there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.