Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Travel ban (Coronavirus) from United Kingdom and Ireland from Tues 17 Mar 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver

<<The United States will be banning travel from the United Kingdom and Ireland beginning Monday at midnight, Vice President Pence announced during a news conference Saturday afternoon.

Citizens and legal residents will still be allowed to return home, Pence said.>>
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Not applicable to US citizens returning home but I believe they will be subjected to quarantine. What will the quarantine look like? Is it self-quarantine at home or somewhere else?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by sinfonia
Not applicable to US citizens returning home but I believe they will be subjected to quarantine. What will the quarantine look like? Is it self-quarantine at home or somewhere else?
I think we will have to wait for those details, but I strongly suspect that as US citizens we will also be subject to some screening upon landing (temperature, maybe a CV test?) and the details of the quarantine will depend on results.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
This is not specific to AA. Please conduct the discussion in the existing thread in the FT Coronavirus forum:
USA halts entry of visitors who’ve been in UK, Ireland, Schengen countries

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.