Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Video E-mail from Robert Isom to Reassure Customers Re Coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

It looks like a mass video e-mail just went out from Robert Isom to reassure customers traveling and/or booking travel right now.

Newsroom - Robert Isom Provides Update on Coronavirus - American Airlines Group, Inc.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Somewhat cobbled together; nothing really new. An end statement that "the world can't and won't stop traveling" or some such...um, I'm thinking actually it can and will, at least for a while.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:57 am

Aa only flight left is to london and japan internationally. Not counting South America and smaller nations. there are going to be lots of widebodies sitting on the ground
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Did anyone else notice he said “no change fees for flights booked prior to March 1”? I think this is new - wasn’t the old policy only no change fees on tickets booked after March 1?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Did anyone else notice he said “no change fees for flights booked prior to March 1”? I think this is new - wasn’t the old policy only no change fees on tickets booked after March 1?
This is a couple of days old. No change fees for travel through a certain date regardless of when you booked it.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by FAA1996
This is a couple of days old. No change fees for travel through a certain date regardless of when you booked it.
Ok thanks. I guess I am having trouble keeping up with all the changes.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
This has been the policy as of March 10th.
Lots of changes in a short period of time.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Granted, it was a quickly-thrown-together-video... but that was seriously rough. 🙈
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Deleted it and didn’t watch. If you’re too lazy to craft a written communication then don't bother emailing me.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Had nothing new. kinda pathetic actually

The only reason I watched it was that the grand children were eating breakfast. The whole company needs to get their act together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.