FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   How AA are flight loads being affected by Coronavirus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2012263-how-aa-flight-loads-being-affected-coronavirus.html)

enviroian Mar 10, 2020 12:24 pm

How AA are flight loads being affected by Coronavirus?

Currently sitting on 2755 to Seattle. 96 passengers (dark 321) on board and cleared F days ago. This flight is always typically zeroed out.

GTITAN Mar 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32165434)
Currently sitting on 2755 to Seattle. 96 passengers on board and cleared F days ago. This flight is always typically zeroed out.

Was on a YYZ to CLT flight on Sunday and was pretty full. CLT was its normal bustling self on a Sunday evening. Not particularly empirical data but all I got.:)

Safe Traels

enviroian Mar 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 32165449)
Was on a YYZ to CLT flight on Sunday and was pretty full. CLT was its normal bustling self on a Sunday evening. Not particularly empirical data but all I got.:)

Safe Traels

Is that an Eagle or mainline flight?

AANYC1981 Mar 10, 2020 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32165434)
Currently sitting on 2755 to Seattle. 96 passengers (dark 321) on board and cleared F days ago. This flight is always typically zeroed out.

There’s a reason why no one is traveling to/from SEA....the large corporations have suspended travel. It’s also the largest hotspot of the US virus.

Try flying to NYC....no upgrades and completely packed planes.

GTITAN Mar 10, 2020 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32165494)
Is that an Eagle or mainline flight?

Eagle flight.

Safe Travels

CLTUSCAPTIVE Mar 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Flew from Charlotte to Curacao Saturday for a family vacation (we were originally going to Milan for Spring break...). All but about 8 - 9 seats taken on a A319. CLT was surprisingly busy Saturday morning, but I think things are going to slow down dramatically. I have already postponed business trips to Rotterdam and Seattle, in addition to cancelling our vacation in Italy.

shaddie Mar 10, 2020 1:50 pm

DFW-PHX on Monday cleared earlier (if at all)than normal.

Upgrade list was still 41 and only about 5 standbys made it on.

Often1 Mar 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Can't generalize these things.

All short-term.

If these frequencies aren't profitably supported, they will be toast.

SEA is a special case as the largest corporate customers for air travel have cancelled their business travel.

FAA1996 Mar 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Flew MIA to IAH yesteday, monthly flight for me and F was full; everyone on the upgrade list had cleared (first time I've seen that). Y was about 75%...

davecraze Mar 10, 2020 2:33 pm

Dfw to phx was full on Sunday also. Like 30 on upgrade list and only few standbys cleared. Flew out of dfw terminal d and it was not busy at all compared to normal.

Side note - Even domestic hotels are being affected. The Resort here in scottsdale is very empty. Staff tells me that they had 300 cancellations (out of 480 rooms) for this spring break week.

Furby Mar 10, 2020 2:50 pm

DFW to STL last Friday, every seat filled and not all standbys cleared. The airport itself was extremely quiet mid morning.

SFflyer20 Mar 10, 2020 3:40 pm

SFO>DFW>JAX>CLT>SFO all seemed about 3/4 full this Friday and Sunday. CLT>SFO had 2 empty seats in first class.

GunsOfNavarone Mar 10, 2020 3:45 pm

This evening DFW-ORD AA2520 789, J is full, 13 PAX on upgrade list, for a Tuesday evening that is a lot of PAX on the upgrade list for a widebody, during the current health concern situation.

My flight this morning had six empty J seats.

chazas Mar 10, 2020 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 32165551)
There’s a reason why no one is traveling to/from SEA....the large corporations have suspended travel. It’s also the largest hotspot of the US virus.

Try flying to NYC....no upgrades and completely packed planes.

Not my experience. I took the AA shuttle DCA/LGA yesterday morning, the plane was maybe 25% full, which is crazy for a Monday morning. My return this morning was less full than that, and I cleared into F on an A319 (only 8 F seats) as only a Plat Pro, as did 2 others including one below me on the upgrade list. That is not business as usual, at all.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Mar 10, 2020 5:34 pm

MIA/RDU I was in paid F. Half the F cabin was full. Y was less than half full. But again it's a Tuesday (but not too long ago Tuesday still mean't jammed planes and no upgrades for below EXP).